August 11, 2012

Give Happiness A Chance- Soak No More :)


Happiness is an inside job. You may never predict what will bring a smile to your face, even in the exasperation of gloom. It may be a kind word, a compliment, a chance meeting with a childhood buddy, a blush on the face of your crush, words of inspiration, a surprise gift, an old favorite piece of music, a good poem or simply the evening breeze. 

It is more to do with the little joyous feelings that some things bring with themselves, than the things themselves. At another instance the same things might successfully incite in you, an upsurge of indifference, but they can make a world of difference during pensive moments.

Happiness is the secret of survival, the song of youth and the bliss of well-being.
If at times we feel left behind or lonely, it is because of the absence of this natural therapy, that we were born with.
It’s not the stimuli that initiate a 'happy' response. It’s our own perception. 
It’s our very own vision of the world that makes the difference.


Happiness can bring about an avalanche of alteration in your world. It is the weapon of the weak and its absence is the sorrow of the strong. Nature wants you to be happy. Among every five things that seem to be going wrong at a given point of time, there will be a massive sixth one, struggling to come into view and your acknowledgement, that will promise to work in your favor. 

The key lies in our hands, whether to blindfold ourselves during seemingly trying times, so that darkness falls all around, or to open our eyes and look for that miniscule flickering flame of light which will die out if not nurtured.

It may be easier said than done but weigh the stakes for yourself- don’t the pros outweigh the cons?? 

So #SoakNoMore in the pain and sadness around us and try giving happiness a chance. Trust me, you won't regret it because it's definitely worth the try! 


This is entry for the The Surf Excel Matic "Soak No More" contest organised by Indiblogger.

27 comments:

  1. hapiness is what makes a human life worth....!! :) indeed meaningfull post....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the way you wrote it.. so simple yet so meaningful :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One line clinched it all - 'nature wants you to be happy' - there are a few scientific studies that have proven exactly that. They all state that sadness always needs a hinge to support itself whereas happiness can exist by itself because it is the base state.

    Well written again Shreya, I see that you're on a writing contest spree - Good luck for this one as well.

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post in itself made me smile, and I love the way you've written it! I also utterly agree with you, it's all about perception ☺

    Best of luck for the contest ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. left me remembering the times that made me happy! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Palak- You bet it is! Thank you :D

    @Sonia- Awww thanks a ton sweetz :)

    @AS- Hahah just when I thought I was out of topics, IB is pouring with contests and I thought I'd just write. For the love of it :) ..

    Thanks again. :)

    @Kiara- Awww really? yayieee I'm touched :D .. Thanks :)

    @MSM- Did I tell you, I love you? :D ♥ Thanks a ton love :)

    @Mimi- You should keep thinking of them, leaves you so much more happy .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts always makes me feel so good.. I smiled all through this one! :)

    Good luck btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suchay feel good and optimistic post, made me smile right now! :D
    Really sweet and hey, all the best for the contest S!

    @Tales of her and by her.
    &
    @Teenage Babblings
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminded me of the rhyme- "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" :D In today's time, I wonder how many of us even know if we're really happy deep down :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know the most common mistake people our age do? They generally tend to equate pure happiness with a materialistic view. And lovely post, keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only the path to that complete happiness was an easy one. and if only you knew what exactly makes you happy.!!
    loved this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual, you write from your heart and I definitely want to read it again and again.

    <3

    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    New post is up on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Aliza- GOsh that makes me feel great. I'm glad you like them.. Thanks :)

    @Blahblaholic- Yayiee!! Thanks :D


    @PhilO- Aaah the classic! :)

    @Aditi- I second that. People fail to see the inner beauty of things and that's what leaves them in ruins. Really :)

    @Red- Ayyee thank you :)

    @Sonshu- Awww that is so sweet! Hopping to yours :D

    @Anupama- Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the simplicity in the blog. You touched upon the the most important thing in Life..:) I am a positive person and I could immediately connect myself to with this post...:) All the Best for the contest..:) This post made me to follow your blog..:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice one! I think we promote the same message through our posts. All the best to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute write up. So positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Prashanth- Oh! I'm glad you could connect with this and thank you for following :)

    @Ajeya- Isn't happiness essential? I think it's the only thing that we seek throughout the journey of life. Thanks :)

    @Ghazala- Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice post. Made a lot of sense. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very inspiring thought you hv here, Confused Soul.. agree with u entirely.. its definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful post,,, can really relate to it. In fact I believe that our svabhav is happiness, and that is inside us. Sadly we look for it at all wrong places!!

    www.styledestino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. An inspiring post, Confused Soul..:)And the last lines says it all...
    The content is full of insight and understanding of human nature. Two important traits for any writer.
    All the best~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice...it compels u to think gud about life.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Jaish_vats- Thank you dear :)

    @RAJ- Glad you like it. :)

    @SJ- Oh it's nice to know you relate :)

    @Panchali- Thank you for the appreciation. Really means a lot tome. Thanks :)

    @Someone Is Special- Thanks! :)

    @Manjulika- Glad :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautifully written. Massively inspired! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Aurindam- Aaah thank you so much! :)
    Honored!

    ReplyDelete