April 20, 2014

Whatever!

Its time I wrote again.
For a long time now, I’ve been playing hide-and-seek with my blog page.
I come back here, look at my old posts and wonder would I be able to write like that again.

I pen down a few words, but the sentences seem mediocre.
I shut my laptop in frustration, close my eyes and take a deep breath.
I think but the thoughts seem to have lost meaning. I come back again, type and then delete.
The cycle continues.

Over time, I feel I’m feeding on pain. My words seem best when I feed onto my own pain or weave another’s story of pain. Am I selfish? Or am I a sadist? Sometimes, I feel I don’t know.  
Happy words are a rarity. Maybe some people are like that. Or maybe not.

Of late, I’ve been busy with work. Am I happy at work? No. Am I busy? Yes.
Dissatisfaction with work is common, but in my case I chose the wrong field.
I tried doing well, but somehow it doesn’t seem to be working for me.
Finally, I’ve gathered the courage and I would be quitting soon. Moving on to a new path.
Rediscovering myself.

And yet again, here I rant. Maybe I won’t delete this.
Maybe I’ll just post it. After all I don’t want to abandon my blog.

My page.. My..whatever! 

14 comments:

  1. good post wahahah.. Felt the same thing as well ... Better have it posted (even for one), than never had any..
    Looking forward for your posts , really. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a brave step you're about to take. Many people cannot gather enough courage to even think about leaving the job they don't like. I'm proud of you!

    Hey, you don't have to think if you would match up your own standard. These things don't matter. Don't worry about how good or bad it looks.. just vent it out. Write what you feel and it's going to turn out just fine.. like this one. :)
    And also, because your followers miss reading you! :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit the job. And I'm glad there's support :)
      I write. I write what I feel. Thanks love :) <3

      Delete
  3. you had the guts to quit and rediscovering what u really wantt. People seldom have that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its not selfish to share the story of your pain or that of any others pain , some times though it may seem funny yet still , the story of someone else's pain gives us solace in our own pain and helps us find answers. So if you do that there is no reason to feel you are selfish. About quitting, well , you are only bound by the obligations set by you and remember to every person who tells you that are you sure you will be able to find a job , or its recession time etc .... the answer is simple. There is a lot of work out there that needs dedicated and sincere people who love to do it. The only hard part is to figuring out what you wish to do and second not bounding your self to the obligations of what a respectable job is set by you or the society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words always soothe and the blunt truth, although hard to accept, is so true.
      Thanks a ton :)

      Delete
  5. We all find ourselves at crossroads some time or the other. What matters is that you make yourself happy with the road that you choose. And welcome back <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm i can vouch for that, I was off my blog for more than a year and coming back is hard.. people hardly rememebr all those who were supposedly best friends :) anyway

    all the best with the job, you have the guts to resign and do what you want to .. hats off to you .. my best wishes

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suddenly, one day you're wanted and next day, forgotten. Irony of someone who writes.
      But now that you're back as well.. Good luck :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Welcome back :)..this was straight from the heart. All the best.

    ReplyDelete