"And
what good is sadness after all? It does not appear to serve a purpose beyond
reminding one of the past, and what has been etched in the past cannot be
effaced. And yet, as I find myself deeper in this abyss, I realize the nature
of the melancholy and the beauty of it all. Every work of art has a tinge of
this grief in it; it is the ink in the writer's pen and the voice in a
musician's instrument. Few painters could have painted without a shade of blue,
and I can spot the sadness that must have inspired the beauty I so cherish in
all these things."
lovely quote... whose is it ? :)
ReplyDeleteMine...Thanks :)
DeleteSadness has a purpose in that it makes most of us write. I haven't found a lot of writers who continue to write whilst happy- but definitely more of them tend to do so while sad
ReplyDeleteIf only grief wasn't a pathway to art, maybe it'd be easier to let go :)
ReplyDeleteWow poignant !
ReplyDeleteDeep and profound!
ReplyDeletethat so deep!! intense!!
ReplyDeletegreat work yaa :)
Melancholy is capable of killing a man... But never an artist...
ReplyDeleteNice though!
"Few painters could have painted without a shade of blue,"
ReplyDeleteYOU MAKE ME JEALOUS WITH SUCH LINES.
I have written my best works when I was in the darkest phase of my life. I agree. Melancholy is the biggest inspiration. I agree with Red. "Few painters could have painted without a shade of blue." - WOW!
ReplyDeleteWithout shades of blue, how will you define red? what will contrast with yellow? And how to create green? My relation with grief has become so profound that its absence gets me sad. Though, deep thoughts.
ReplyDeleteKeep writing. :)
Powerful words.
ReplyDeleteI am guessing you wrote this quote.
Thank you all :)
ReplyDeletethanks this website is aweseome thank you
ReplyDelete