June 26, 2012

Love, Lust and Emotional Breakdown!


I had learnt to live without you.
I had learnt to move on.
I had learnt that it was not my fault that we broke up.
I had learnt that every time you said you wanted me, it was nothing more than in a physical lustful way.
I had learnt to STOP TRUSTING blindly
I had learnt that love was overrated.

Just when life opened its arms and embraced me, you came back.
Back to cloud my vision…my thoughts.
Back to make me feel wanted.
Back to making me feel I was nothing without you.
Back to making me feel worthless.



5 years have passed since we broke up but it seems like yesterday.

I remember those days of togetherness where I felt like the center of your world.
You treated me like a princess and placed me on a pedestal.
You made me feel love, the kind I’d never felt before.
And just when you realized I was head over heels in love with you, what did you do?
You cheated on me. You fucking slept with the girl you introduced me to as a friend.



Do you realize the trauma?
Do you even know about the pain you put me through?
I was only 15 for Christ’s sake.
I wasn’t accustomed to being treated like that.
My whole world crumbled beneath my legs.
I felt like everything we had was a lie.

You begged, you pleaded, and you convinced you loved me.
And me.. me being that naïve little girl, gave you another chance.
I wanted to put things right and what then? You went ahead and slept with another girl.
God what had I done? Didn’t I love you enough?


You said my love was enough to keep you happy, then why?
You just wanted me in bed. And me… never mind!
I would do anything to make you happy.

Do you realize as a girl hailing from a middle-class conservative family, to give you physical pleasure was a sin? Or at least for me it was. Do you realize that all that I did was for us to work out? Do you realize it really MEANT something to me and that it wasn’t casual or usual for me? Do you realize how much I loved you? Do you know I sacrificed my future to be with you? Do you even acknowledge the choices I made to be with you? The only consolation I have to keep is ... I’m just sooooo glad I didn’t have sex with you. You oh so don’t deserve it!!

After breaking up with you, my life was a living hell.
Something within me had died. Something had rotted and it stank so much to the extent that I couldn’t bear it anymore. I couldn’t handle my reflection in the mirror. I couldn’t face anyone, not even myself. I went into depression. I cut myself; hurt myself in every possible way. All this gave me immense satisfaction. A weird pleasure. I seemed to be losing it. I cut off from the world. My first ever relationship and you screwed it up. You made me feel LOVE is nothing but a game.




And then HE came. He made me feel worthy. He made me see that there are jackasses in this world and that not every guy was like you. He brought me back to life. I was hesitant but I gave it a try. Do you know how hard it was for me?

And now you’re back.. after 5 years trying to treat me like a doormat.
Initially I felt a certain level of attraction. Yes my past was inviting. Yes YOU were enticing.
I’d forgiven you thinking that it was just a mistake and I’d learnt my lesson.
I let you come close. AGAIN.
I was repeating the same mistake. Again.

But you know what.. I’m over YOU!
I’m done with putting up with your junk.. I’m done with being treated like trash.
I deserve better and I HAVE BETTER.




Why is it so hard for you to believe I’m happy?
I AM VERY HAPPY.

I have found the ONE for me. I’m more than happy with him.
HE loves me for who I am. He loves me with all my flaws.
He just understands and knows me. He knows how I feel and what I like.
I can be myself with him without the fear of being judged.



He is just more than what I wanted. He is more than what I could ever want.

You need to go away. You need to back off.
You need to stop messing with my head.

Actually it isn’t YOU. It’s ME.
I need to stop letting you creep into my head and remind me of US.

Let me say.. I’m glad you were a part of my life.
I’m glad you taught me to love. I’m glad you gave me pain.
I’m glad you treated me like a ‘use-n-throw’ material. I’m glad you cheated.
I’m glad you left. I’m glad you made me die. I’m glad you came by!

I’m glad that because of you I met A.M.
I’m glad HE took away the pain. I’m glad HE made me believe.
I’m glad HE loved me. I’m glad HE is loyal. I’m glad HE came.
I’m glad HE brought me to life. I’m glad HE treats me like his wife!

You… you’re history.. you can leave or stay.. but I’m indifferent coz you mean nothing to me!
NOTHING!


24 comments:

  1. WOW. Im speechless. This is deep. And sad. And strong. And moving.

    Enough said?

    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...tht was beautiful. i absolutely loved the flow of it :)
    I got hurt though. Breakups r brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read a blog thats so honest and direct ever before.. People do write honestly, straight from their heart, but its always subtle..

    I loved it.. n I'm feeling good after reading this..
    but.. dunno if i should say this, but as a girl, this is something that i've learnt from my past experiences..

    You said what you had to, once n for all.. you were hurt, you feel like going away from the other person, which is your right!
    Now, stick to it.. ignore all reactions, ignore all words, chuck the old person COMPLETELY.. words n reactions never put an end to things, silence and ignorance would.. i'm glad u expressed urself once.. let these be the last words regarding the old times..coz its only when you'll throw him out of your mind,heart,stuff you write, words you speak out.. that you'll realize how happy you can be in your new life!

    All the best for the new beginning :)

    You may delete this comment if u feel like.. i just said so coz i felt its important :) tc :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... well written! No matter what, there is always something else better in store for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babe, are you doing good now? Hugs* loads of them! Feel better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speechless...No words to describe how I feel after reading this. Only one thing, thanks a lot for sharing

    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sonshu- It may be deep, sad, strong and moving. But nonetheless a true story. Enough said!

    @MSM- I just poured my heart out! Better late than never! :)


    @Red- I'm sorry..My words are not meant to hurt anyone. Just hearfelt rant!

    @Sonia- I won't delete this comment. I think it was really sweet of you to take time out and give an honest comment! That really does mean a lot to me :)

    I won't let him mess up again and yes I'm trying. Trying to stop and some day I will succeed :)

    @Ash- Thank you dear :)

    @Arch- I'm fine .. Thank you sooo much :) ♥

    @Roopz- You're most welcome babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why does this sound like my life?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is amazing, so honest!

    I'm so glad you got over that past and found something better :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very honest post! and this post judges your blogger name. yes, you are a confused soul. once girls stop being emotional fools, nothing can stop them! i wonder how did you forgive him for the first time and let him cheat you again! he would never forgiven you, had you done the same! there is mutual respect and devotion in any relation. but i can understand that you were too young to understand! falling for someone at 15 is just too obvious and getting misled also! anyways, remember one thing that never let your past ruin your future.if he bothers you too much, the simply tell your present lover about him. if he loves truly, he'll himself handle him. and remember one thing, you loved him truly and that was never a mistake. every human is supposed to cry for cuts and stitches not for bastards and bitches. just throw and kick him out of your life. be strong and be happy. i will suggest you to follow my rule- DTA i.e. don't trust anybody. love, but never trust. i don't think this male specie is trustworthy. refer the past. i suggest you not to trust even your present lover that easily. sorry girl, i might be sounding too rough but this is only because of that undeclared sisterhood which we girls share. i will quote one sentence from my novel - "never let your smiles survive on the mercy of someone's generosity."

    you know what? some guys call me haughty, heartless and money-minded because i never let them pass time with me and i keep everybody at a distance. so what? we girls are not so cheap to allow any aira gaira natthu khaira inside our personal life. it is much better to wait for the right guy than to become a thing of pleasure for cheap people.

    be proud of yourself! and as i quoted earlier - don't seek for a reason to smile. because you have several people in your life other than your lover who care for you. so do i :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. So powerful words and emotions... Beautiful writing da.. There is never a Heart break that is pleasant.. But am glad that the other side of the break up something so worthy of you was waiting..!!
    *hugs* proud of you :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tears in eyes,m speecless...somewhere smwhat every gal has a story like ds,a guy nva realizes hw mch trust a gal has on him n hw he can shatter it in few seconds,it hurts,it hurts alot!! ol we can do is keep faith in god!! u write extremely well..loved ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moved :),
    This has happened several times, similar stories have occurred around me, break up for reasons ,like getting physical in the relationship, its so pitiful that pepl can be too mean.
    though you ended it on a better note, as if you are happy without him, and he no more meant the "bitter past " to you,

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Dee Dee- Well that's my life in words for you!

    @PurpleMist- Thank you babe :)

    @Sneha-15 and naive.. that was me back then..But yes I think I did learn.. And noo you aren't rough.. I understand and feel what you say, so its good :) ..

    Novel? hmm interesting line.. Tell me more about this novel please :) ..

    About guys calling you names.. It shouldn't mak a difference..you know who you are and that's all that matters.. :D .. Thank you dear.. thanks for taking time out to read and comment.. bless you :)

    @Nick- Absolutely! I'm just glad I could get out of that mess. Thanks da :)

    @Palak- Well the heartbreaks make us weak, but we rise stronger. And that's the good part.. I'm sorry, I didn't want you to cry! :( .. Thank you for the honest comment :)

    @The Madrasi- Cycle of life, shall we call it? The bitter past needs to be thrown away so that something better comes our way :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Therez nothing more painful when a girl whole heartedly in love is betrayed. Why god has made all us girls so mushy, so delicate, emotional fools? why can't we be like boys..?
    But I am glad that u moved on. There are so many more colours this life can offer. Cheers to the new life, new beginninigs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i cant say it is very good or somethin..i jus say its like a mirror to me...n it made me think smth which i don want to :( its life n its always same fo every1....do tell me y u wrote dis...again thoughtful :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Shreya- Let's break this mirror. :|
    I wrote this coz this is exactly how I feel. Life story :/

    ReplyDelete
  18. It IS.. I agree! But not impossible love. *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The love.... The betrayal...the pain...the moving on..another but understanding soul mate...five stages?..Then,i am passing through the third one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww that phase too shall pass..hang in there :)

      Delete