July 2, 2012

Wander, I Must



I've never before felt so content at the end of something I loved.
I realize today, that no matter how beautiful, everything does come to an end.
And when you truly accept this, you will embrace the end just as you embraced its beginning and will savor its lingering sweetness on your lips, your ears and in your eyes.

I wandered through a month full of fragrances.
A small little garden in my mind, like the many others I hope to encounter littered on my path.
Each one with promises of nothing more than what it is.
Each walk, a small part of my longer journey.
Each walk bringing me closer to another.

This life is just a walk through many such worlds, in search for sights more beautiful and more moving.
So that we may be moved.
We may be overwhelmed.
We may love.

Because, what is life without wonder.
What is life had everything been predictable and everyone forever?
Every patch of new reminds me of how much I love the unseen.
Shows me what I live for, what I search for.

And every patch of new tells me to open my mind to new possibilities.
Makes me wonder why I’d stopped wondering in the first place.

Let me wander.
Give me a part of you to cling to, and I’ll take you with me.
But wander, I must.
Not in search of myself, but to be who I am.



15 comments:

  1. wow :) this is v beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The opening reminded me of the song 'Why do all good things come to an end' by 'Nelly Furtado'.
    Loved the flow of the words.
    In the end, nothing really does last.
    Beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! :) Keep sharing more!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not all who wander are lost. The picture just gives us the crux of the beauty of human existence. And you know what, the journey of rediscovering yourself is amazing, even if you only discover small bits of yourself.
    This post makes me happy. Fills me with wanderlust of a different kind . Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ash- Thank you lovey :)

    @PhilO- Well I can't deny I heard the song before these words.. Plain coincidence? :P ...hehe .. thanks dear :)

    @Sonia- Aww thanks :D

    @Sagittarian- Good to see you after a long time .. How av you been? :)

    And thank you.. :)


    @Crystal- I'm glad it did something. Aaah wanderlust...why not? :D .. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply superb ! i have read most of what uve writen but my dear confused soul ! i love it when u write positive stuff ! loved it babe ! the thought of spreading your wings and letting your self fly into new skys is great ! life is begening new after the endluvd your post !

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful....da only word i can say reading dis :) amazing work yar!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very intelligent and thoughtful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know what, whenever i read your posts i feel like "oh my god! this lady is thinking exactly what i feel"

    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Absolute Insane- You inspire optimism in me, so thank you for that! And thank you for penning down such words of support, I really appreciate it. Thank you :)

    @Palak- Hey, thank you so much sweetz :)

    @Sneha- Thank you senorita :D

    @Roopz- Hahaha happens with most of us girsl. We are a weird lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, very beautifully expressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved the picture to begin with and way it was worded was pretty touching...
    mesmerized!

    you express well!!

    ReplyDelete