July 15, 2012

Learning To Breathe Again



As I watch, these neglected counts
Anticipating every round
Inspiring expiration and back again,
The ins and outs, without a sound

I learn to breathe again,
Wondering, who taught it to me first
I’d have not learnt to see within,
Had I never encountered this neglected thirst

A breath – broken – by itself
A thought interrupted, and then again

I learn to breathe again
And I learn to see within
To pick up from this simple instance
That never anything is ever taught
Gifted are those who breathe without
Having to anticipate these neglected counts

21 comments:

  1. Firstly I luuurve the picture. Breathe.

    The concept is breathtaking. Sometimes we forget to breathe, or are unable to.

    <3
    Sonshu
    www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it inspired from one of the Switchfoot's composition 'Learning to Breathe'? That is a beautiful song.

    And so is your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gifted are those who breathe without
    Having to anticipate these neglected counts..

    True :)

    They are gifted, they are blessed, they know how to go with the flow :D

    Nice post!

    P.S. When I was trying to copy these lines to quote them in this comment, it said, right click not allowed.. Can u please tell me how to include this option? And/or other copyright options or widgets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't count ur breaths...you just keep on living. There are some things that we dont need to learn. Its just the way we were made

    Nice blog. My first visit here

    Cheers
    CRD

    DO visit mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post...and your blog theme is even more beautiful... loved to land here..
    Do come to my world...

    http://www.apparitionofmine.blogspot.in/

    http://creativeworldofnoopur.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi... ur blog makes me fresh everytime i read it...hw r u? hope everything is fine... miss reading ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really true.. When u start realizing ur breathe.. U start knowing urself.. The inside you.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so nice and it brought smile to my face confused soul ;)

    it is reality and every situation just comes unexpectedly but no matter how tough it is we should get moving to survive..visiting you ;0

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sonshu- I love the picture too. Speaks to me :) .. Thanks!

    @Mirage- Oh no it wasn't. Never heard the song, i think I shall give it a hear :)

    @Sonia- Thanks love :) .. And yes it's a copy protected widget. You'd find it via google :)

    @CRD- Thank you. Glad you dropped by! :)

    @Noopur- Aww thank you. You made my day! :D

    @Elizer- Aaah thanks love.. I've been good, how are you? :D

    @Sneha- Thank you :D

    @Sahityika- Absolutely :)

    @Sie- Ahh where av you been? Missed you! :) .. thanks sweetz :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's something really breathtaking!! concept,picture,words,fellings,depth!! everything is like amazing! :) good wrk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic verses. I felt that you could have had your verses could be grouped in quadruplets. It would have been more symmetrical. A personal opinion though. The abstractness is the central strength of this poem. Great job. Check out my writings at onewayroad123.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey,

    You have a wonderful blog here and I can't believe I missed it due to lack of time till now. I am also a libran :) Loved getting to know about you through your blog!!! Your blog theme is awesome :) I will keep coming back to give you more shots of vodka ;) Keep writing :)

    Cheers,
    Keirthana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very positive and optimistic poem...Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly, gifted are those people. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Palak- YOU made my night :D ...thanks a ton! :)

    @Nithesh- Well thank you for the feedback. Maybe you're right. But I'm into abstract, but next time, I'll try keeping this in mind. Thanks :)

    @Keirthana- Libran- HIGH-5 :D ... hehe thanks you so much love.. I'd love to get high on those shots.. And I'm blog hopping to yours now :)

    @Valli- Thanks :)

    @Abhi- Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. to look within is the most difficult thing and it really helps a lot...! :)
    good write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent read. :)

    ReplyDelete