December 31, 2012

To A New Beginning...


Ever noticed how a dry leaf falls off a tree? It detaches itself from the branches and sways with the wind, and then finally rests itself on the ground.  It is not a quick fall, it happens gradually. Suddenly, another gush of the wind and it is taken to someplace else.

Isn’t that how life is sometimes? We think we have it all. We feel we have reached the pinnacles of success. We believe there is no end to us and then when the time comes…we fall... fall like the dried leaf. And people knock us around. They test our patience and see how much farther we can be moved. And eventually life happens. We get stepped on and crushed. Our remnants wouldn't mean a thing.

Once a fresh green leaf now lies withered and forgotten.

************************

Well the year has come to an end. There is no feeling of joy or celebration. People look at New Years as a chance to party, drink, get sloshed and make resolutions, whereas I have always spent it at home. Never made any resolutions, because I know I won’t keep them & eventually will forget about it. Anyway, for me, 2012 marks the end of a year; I don’t think I’ll forget for a really long time.

Let’s start. The year saw me and A.M. complete 4 years of togetherness. But it also came with me ending things with him quite abruptly. So yes, I & A.M. are no more together. It has its own downside. There are times I miss him like crazy. There are times when all I want to do is stay in his arms and there are times I miss everything. Every little moment. But I had to get out of it and so that’s what I did. BUT, what matters today is I have finally let go. I know I can deal with this. I can be ruthless and weird like that. So trusting, this is for the better.

I joined College this year for my Masters, and have met a bunch of wonderful people. Life’s never been this kind to me. Every new emotion I feel and the joy I receive, I can thank the Lord over & over again, and it will just never be enough.

A lot of bitter relationships which had ended in the past have come to the surface. Mended my ways with a couple of friends, and it feels good. Who likes being aloof anyway?

My parents’ health has been good. After seeing a lot of troubled times, we have seen a ray of hope. Bonded with relatives and met new ones.

I think I have also seen myself grow. People might say I’ve changed and that things aren’t the same. I have heard a lot of advice this year, but I have followed my heart without questioning it. And trust me, it has been worth it. I’ve somehow evolved and I feel it. And that’s what matters to me.

All in all, I just have to say that New Year gives us an opportunity. A chance to set things right and reflect and look at the road ahead. It gives you a chance to leave your past behind and venture forth.. Thank God we can do that!

So let’s erase the imperfections. Leave aside all the heartbreaks and sorrows and rejoice. For life is nothing but a roller-coaster ride. There will be ups and downs, but what counts is the journey.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my readers. Wishing you a great year! J




20 comments:

  1. I so agree with the last line.

    2012 has been very kind to me. I'll remember it for all the good things it brought me, like we remember good things of people when they leave.

    Happy Twenty thirteen!
    Stay happy. :)

    P.S: I miss the old look of the blog. Get it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ket the new year bring with it, a bit of newness and hence the new look. It's subtle and it's me :) .. Heehehe

      Delete
  2. a beautiful post yr..n i admire u dat u gathered all the courage to let go u n a.m !! it's vei tough!! i m in a same situation..n ending 3 yrs of togethrness seems so tough.though its gd fr us bt yet very difficult 2 let go..neways happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful paraphrase of your life in 2012 :) Wishing that 2013 gives you as much happiness and strength as 2012 and much more :)

    Keirthana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, a very happy New year to you too. May this year bring you lots of happiness, God bless you...:) Dried leaves always brings so many thoughts. I have written a poem about Dry leaves, do check out...http://pkperception.blogspot.in/2012/04/fallen-leaves.html

    Yesterday I wrote a new post with a title, "TIme For a New Beginning" and now I see this blog of yours....:) I wish you all the best with whatever you plan to achieve this year...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prashanth.. I'll surely give it a read and thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Shrey!!! :D Happy new year :) i know i'm late.. but i wish you have days filled with loads and loads of joy and masti, inspite of you being busy buried in masters! :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're late... naaah you'll always be my cutie.. so it's totally okay.. wish you the same love :* :)

      Delete
  6. You need to be sad sometimes to know what it's like to be happy. Other than that I agree.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a matter of time.. The phases don't last too long. :)

      Delete
  7. Have a great year ahead, CS! :)

    Apologies for getting here so late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much! And hey no apologies needed.. Glad you could drop by! :)

      Delete
  8. Cheers to a sooper awesome year ahead, darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year..Some good has the power to over shadow all bad.Love is but a different ball game :)

    Hope you have a happy, prosperous and lovely new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really loved your old template.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never make any resolutions too. If you want to do something, just do it. Don't wait around for some date for some magic to occur!


    I hope you have a boombastic year ahead! ;)

    Anyway, new on your blog. Hope you can find some time to visit mine. Maybe we could follow each other? :)
    theseasonedwoman.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog layout is so cool! I love it! Happy new year, wish you a great year!

    Guess what? I'm following you. Do visit my blog sometime. Just read this one post, yet to catch up with the rest. But I shall, now since I'm following your blog! Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You write so well dear blog writer. Have been through couple of your blogs, they are truly inspirational and miraculous. Keep Writing.
    One request how should i follow you bz on this template i am unable to find that section. please guide

    ReplyDelete