June 5, 2013

CONNECTED HUM TUM


It’s a well known fact, that today television shows have been bombarded with the regular saans-bahu, rona-dhona- fir apne ghar chale jaana kind of shows. Most of the shows  today are women-oriented, with the protagonist being either a seedhi-saadhi bahu or a saans that spells tyranny, a vamp that wants to snatch someone else’s boyfriend or husband or the girl next door undergoing a transformation. Be it any channel, they have always made an effort to show women in such light. While I flip channels, I wonder is there all that is to women. Can we not have a show that actually shows women in their truest form? Being honest to the camera. I’m talking about women that people can relate with; one’s that do not seem like a fictional or hard to believe character.

Just as these thoughts played havoc in my head, I see the charming, ever-so-handsome, dimple clad Abhay Deol on the screen. I wonder what is he doing on Zee Tv? Isn't he supposed to be doing movies? But then he flashes his million dollar smile and asks- “aurato ko samjhna itna difficult kyu hai?”

Are you kidding me? ABHAY DEOL feels it’s difficult to understand women. Damn we are so not complex. I wish you could see the butterflies in my stomach whenever I see you..
Ahheeemmmm *cough cough*… that aside… I pause to figure what is he talking about..

A show… One of a kind .. “CONNECTED HUM TUM” .. Although it isn't an original, and is adopted from the famous CONNECTED series that airs abroad, the concept seems fresh.
6 prominent ladies from different walks of life will be shooting their lives and baring their soul to the audience. Mind you, no acting. They've been given a camera, with which they have to shoot at least an hour of their life and share it with us. Packed with drama, emotions, love, hopes, pain, laughter, tears- emotions that anyone faces will be out in the open.
Now why am I telling you’ll about all this?

Well I’m an Indiblogger…and as most of you are already aware, Indiblogger is famous for its meets. The perfect location, the perfect ambiance  lip-smacking food and if you’re lucky free booze. Yeah you heard it right. Indiblogger is a platform that celebrates its members and the whole idea of socializing. Every meet has a new concept and if you think you know what’s going to happen, fasten your seat belts, because they are NOT predictable.

29th May, 2013, Indiblogger conducted a meet at THE LEELA, Andheri, to welcome the show CONNCETD HUM TUM to its bloggers. We were introduced to the Director of the show- Paramveer Vohra, who seemed excited about the show, just like a little baby reciting their first rhyme. Her confidence in the show exuded and made me believe this would work.
Now to move on to these 6 ladies.. Here we go-

1
 Madhavi- A theatre actress in her jawaani ke din, now a grandmother, parted from her hubby talks about her days and gives us a sneak-peak into her life, when her hubby drops in home after years, unexpectedly.



      Pallavi Burman- A divorcee and management student, shoots her doosri shaadi ke pre-wedding jitters and the emotions of what it feels like to be a bride again. She speaks of her fears, responsibilities and how her life takes a turn.



            Mahima Choudhry- An aspiring actress from Meerut city dreams of making it big in the city of dreams-Mumbai. Like any small town girl, she has those twinkling eyes which are full of hope and wants to build a Mahima Choudhry Villa House…kaha poochon? Between apna SRK and Sallu Bhai’s house.. aaaahh!



            Sonal Gyani- A cool chic who lives with her twin sister Rupa, trying to make her love story work and gain the acceptance of her parents. An NGO activist and absolutely amazing lady.



           Preeti Kocchar- A 33 year old dentist cum belly dancer cum pati vrata home-maker. She's the unconventional strong lady I’m looking forward to on this show. She calls her husband- ‘pati’ .. yeah pati…can you believe it? Hehehehe…



And finally… *drum rolls* .. *band baaja* or *BAJAAAAAAAAATEEEEEE RAHOOOOOOO”
Our  final contestant on the show is hum sabki chaheeti… jaani maani.. famous bajane wali ..

RJ MALISHKA from Red FM 93.5 :D


Isn’t that amazing? I was thinking why would she want to do this show. I mean she is famous, known to akkha Mumbai … So isn’t this as good as taking a risk? And then she tells us she had the same apprehensions, but she got over it. The audience loves her and well, she really had nothing to hide. Her highlight in this show is that she’s commitment phobic. She wants to be taken care of too, but she’s scared. So her adventures will be part of the show too.

Following these discussions at the meet, we could hear the room abuzz with *click click* noises of people taking photographs with these ladies. We were lucky enough to get the first premiere of the show, and guys, trust me it does seem promising.

The concept is fresh. A break from all the other soaps which air on the channel. It’s been given a prime-time slot and airs at 10 p.m. Each episode will show 3 women and the show will be on for 13 weeks.

So guys, go tune in to your television and I hope you like the show as much as I liked the first look.

Waise at the end of the meet, we got webcams sponsored by ZEE TV and gosh they’re adorable. Thank you Indiblogger for all the love you show to us. Oooh I feel like a celebrity already ;)


7 comments:

  1. that was a nice insight..liked the way you wrote it..that too was fresh!

    keep the ink flowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah you're always a darling to me. Thank you so much.. Much love :)

      Delete
  2. These pictures are really quirky :D and a cent percent true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Check my reply on http://darlingsofvenus.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-raindrop-on-my-cheek.html

    This spamming is strange but, just read it. It would make sense. lol

    ReplyDelete