June 2, 2013

Dreamy Dread


These listless dreams I switch in and out of.
While travelling in a bus.
While reading a boring book.
While watching afternoon television.
This sleep tires me out the most.

It's like sprinting through the outer orbs of my sub-consciousness without being able to venture deeper into the calm, soft parts.
I wake up momentarily every time my forehead hits the bars of the bus window, then I fall right back into the trance.

It makes me see the things I worry about come true.
It makes me dread closing my eyes but I can't help myself.
I cannot stay awake cause I'm tired.

Tired of these listless dreams.

9 comments:

  1. i could feel each word so well..the way you express is amazing..good 2 read ur work after soooo long :) god bless..n have faith..everything will be fine one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Palak. It feels good to write as well, after all this while. Glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  2. Very expressive poem CS! Beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah a poem .. I don't know.. But the exact emotions that I'm going through :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Nicely expressed...is that u in the pic?

      Delete
    3. @Prerna Sinha- Thank you!
      And that isn't me. Just an image from Google :)

      Delete
  3. good one... a different take to the most talked about subject.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Dheeraj & Poetic Soul :)

    ReplyDelete