February 28, 2015

A Letter to You.

I wish I could make time stop.
Stop at that exact moment when we were together.

A smile crawls up on my face when I think about you. That day.
And almost instantly, I let it fade away.

I remember lying beside you. It's not the first time, but it was like we met all over again. It was the most magical day of my life. And I'm not sure life will ever live up to those moments. It was one of those moments you wish you could pause and relive forever. Time did not exist.

You made me feel special; like the only girl that ever mattered- even if just for a moment.
I felt so comfortable in your warm embrace. Protected and unashamed.

Feet intertwined, your toes moving up my bare skin.
I still feel your soft touch on my skin.
Why did it feel so right? When clearly it wasn’t meant to be.

I twisted away. I knew I was giving into temptation.
I tried to resist, but your hug left me restless.
Your warm breath on my skin, sent shivers down my spine.
I wanted to hold you close. To give in to your touch.
And then I looked at you.
Your eyes were shut, but there was a smile curling up on your lips.
And instantly, I melted.

You do these things. These endearing, attentive and personal things, they look like natural instinctive movements. You caressed my hair, run it through your fingers and stroke it down the side of my face. You trace my lips with your fingertips and caress my cheekbones with the back of your hand. You give me fairy light tickles across my stomach..

Here’s the catch, I’m not yours; you won’t let me be. You’ve given me so many reasons why.
But it doesn’t matter anymore.

I remember our kiss.
That soft, tender yet exciting kiss.
God, I haven’t felt that kind of rush in a long time. And you gave me that.

You kissed me, well I kissed you back I guess. All this time I was afraid, afraid that this feeling would not be there as much as I wanted it to. But it was there. Stronger than ever. I didn't want it to end, but I pulled away. My head said stop. We hugged for a while, I love your hugs. A hug that says – “You don’t have to worry, I’m there for you.” I'm not sure what it meant to you but it was everything to me.

You are my Best Friend.
I know friends don’t do this. But we know in our hearts, that this was just a Moment.
A moment, I’ll treasure. A moment that won’t fade from my memory.
A moment I don’t regret or feel guilty about.
A moment which as special.

A moment, which I don’t want you to look back and regret.
Or feel sorry about.

I loved your look. I loved the feeling of wanting to kiss you again.
I loved to stay in your arms. I loved how you held me close.
I respect that you didn’t judge me or push me away.

But, We will leave it at that moment and go on with our lives.
Because I know, we were meant to be together. Just like you said- “Best Buddies Forever.”
And that feeling surpasses everything else.
Because being your best friend is PERFECT. And I won’t give up on that.
And, you know it. If you don’t, well now you do.

But I want you to know this.
Just because I push you away, it doesn't mean I don't like you anymore. It means I'm afraid of how much I already like you.
It's not because I want us to separate, but because I crave to touch you again.
It doesn't mean for you to push back, it means I want you to pull me closer.
It doesn't mean I'm strong enough without you, It means I'm weak when I'm with you.
It doesn't mean I'm shutting you out, it means I’m letting you stay.

Thank you for being honest and letting your heart out to me.
It made me feel like there’s nothing else in the world happening right now but you and I.

Constantly you and I, as one. Nothing else mattered.

12 comments:

  1. This. Right there. Is pure magic. God, I can read it over and over again! I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aathira :)
      It's always easier to write from the heart..what you really feel..and to feel love like yours, makes me feel great. Thanks babe <3

      Delete
  2. This is so so beautiful, please keep writing from your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This was simple superb and honest to the core. How many people have felt this but have not had words to express it. You have given voice to all those emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful omg. It's so honest and heartbreaking and raw.. beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugss... firstly, welcome back! :)
      Thank you love :)

      Delete
  5. This is so... fragile... I'm going to go back and read it one more time, quietly.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it and could so deeply relate to it...Take care :)

    ReplyDelete