February 15, 2015

Random Rant...

Life is never the same.
Life is not a constant.
No matter how much we wish to keep it constant, every minute we’re changing.
We can’t freeze the moment in reality. All we can do is, freeze it in our heads.
And come to think of it, that doesn’t help too.

I’ve always been the kind of person that lives in the moment.
I don’t wish to carry a baggage of the past or wreck my sanity thinking about the future.
I want this moment. This very moment to define me.
I want to believe that I’m happy. I want to believe that this is exactly what I’m supposed to be doing.
And I don’t want you to tell me otherwise.

For a long time, I’ve been suppressing my thoughts, my actions and most importantly I’ve been trying to hide myself from the world.
I felt I was imperfect. That, I stained my own body and soul.
My heart was too broken to be fixed. In fact, I think I didn’t want to be fixed.
Because that would mean allowing someone else to see your emotions, to get to know you better than you know yourself. And to be fooled, AGAIN!

I just wanted to be simple.
Simple and happy. Happy with the little things, with the little joys that spreads a smile on your face.
I didn’t ask for Perfection.
But then, I also never asked for pain to knock at my door. And when no one answered, break the door and turn the place into ruins. I didn’t need that. I didn’t think I even deserved it.
But, fate. Fate plays its own games and well you don’t call the shots.

Life is like a game of Snake & Ladder.
Sometimes you march ahead. Sometimes you’re going to fall, and come back to square one.
Right from the place you started. But don’t lose hope.
There’s always the ladder that’ll take you farther ahead.
And maybe if you’re lucky, you’re going to reach the top and rest assured, the view will be spectacular.


6 comments:

  1. Bravo! I so needed to hear this today. Thank you for writing this, Sweetheart. This post has a classic YOU all over it. Yes, I do hope the view is spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oieeee...*Hugs*
      Trust me, the view will be amazing. Don't you worry! :)

      Delete
  2. Your thoughts are beautifully articulated here, and I wholeheartedly agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is no random rant my dear! This is a class piece that most of us need as a morning boost to take on our lives!

    ReplyDelete