December 19, 2011

Peace Parables


On 14th of December, I let go of familiarity with a giddy head and a shaky foot.
An ocean of thoughts was lashing against the insides of my brain, sending ripples through my body, sometimes calm - sometimes torrential.

If there was anything inspiring, it was the elusion of the unknown, of what lies beyond and yonder.

Some reasons were to run away, from all the leftovers of yesterday.
Some reasons were to be a free flowing form, from all the conditioning I was marred with.
Some reasons were to be 20 and young, from the fear of all the 'responsibilities' that lay ahead.

The suddenness was exhilarating, an impetus to swim with the tide, however choppy or calm.

In the transition, many a things were thrown away, cleansing also the storage system within me,
Making place for new memories, and things, yes.

Many things were embodied testimonies of the days gone by, rambling stories of their existence, little round mirrors and five primary teeth.
Few of these many, came along with me, some left behind, some - destroyed.

Separation was also a part of the unknown, was learning to welcome it with arms wide open. The same arms that would cling to loved ones, memories, ideologies, thoughts and things, yes.

Opening of the heart, as gently as it arrives, it also departs.

An experiment was destined to begin, with myself and that around.
Everything that manifested from the new, asked me to just be..
Everything was a balcony, offering a view to the new.

An oasis of love, ever fertile and expansive was the mind,
Blossoming purples against the yellow sun swayed in inebriated motion,
Undulating wagtails sang songs in honor of the new land,
Refreshing was the wind that teased the hair on my skin,
Virgin was the newness, flawless as the white reflective sand,
Tidal was me, the sea was calm.

I traversed till the mind caved in to the aching muscles,
Only to find that where I belong was closer to me than I imagined.

A deep reconciliation with the broken images of everything gone by,
Gratitude for the love that continued to anchor me,
Sacred was the moment when the ache lifted off my chest --

And all that radiated was light, I was the feather that flowed with the tide...


17 comments:

  1. This is one of your best posts <3 It filled with poignancy of a strange kind and I felt over whelmed at the flow of words too :)
    **Gratitude for the love that continued to anchor me,
    Sacred was the moment when the ache lifted off my chest.
    Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this <3

    Tay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow confused soul I am your fan..you have just penned my feelings and you have written it so vividly..I can relate on every word you have said..

    And all that radiated was light, I was like a feather that flowed with the tide..

    so true..sometimes we just have to move with every tide that life may bring us..just let it be and move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poetic n heavy... :)

    But dude, seriously, i like your funny n witty posts better!

    sorry, im dumb like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. no i mean
    look at you
    you take this 2 weeks ka break
    and you come back
    like a SUPER confused soul *no pun intended*
    this is lets keep it
    this is mashaallah...!
    that is all what can define the more than 100 thoughts within me into one word.!

    <3 lotsa love

    ReplyDelete
  6. only to find that where i belong was closer to me than i imagined....

    Inspiring...


    I loved the way u presented it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. an inspiring post with a flavour of imagination which touched me. I guess u may be writing poems and if so and u com4tablee with i would like to view them. Neways great post .

    ReplyDelete
  8. i literally have nothing to say!
    Its jus so.. um.. eh.. i really dunno man!
    it jus touched my heart.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a deep post. I loved it. I loved the last line the most..
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Crystal- awww thank you so much! Glad you liked it :) ..

    @Tay- thanks :)

    @Sie- And I'm your fan.. because everything you write fills me with hope and faith.. m truly honored that you liked this :)

    @Indu- hahaha I know I like that side of me better too.. but sometimes I can't just help it.. but def will try and do that again ... thanks :)

    @Su- Hehehe awww thank u babe... and in this 2 week break i missed u :)

    @Niya- Glad. Thank you :)

    @Adi- I write poems in my diary.. but they're crap :P .. hahah .. but if I ever think it's nice, I'll share it here :)

    @Viya- Awww thankie :)

    @PhilO- Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That was so touching!
    I loved the way you wrote it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing...just splendid...loved it...so deep, so superb..! U really are one confused soul that I know..!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello :) I came by to see why I haven't seen any new posts from you lately and then I realize you have been posting and I'm not seeing them in my reader :'( I joined your blog again and hopefully it will work this time :)

    I see I have missed quite a few posts but I'm glad I saw THIS ONE! WoW! This is amazing writing and so beautifully penned!! The last line is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @@PhilO- you're welcome :)

    @Crystal- Done!

    @Siddhartha- Heheh yes wo toh main hu :P .. thank you :)

    @Ezazi- Thanks :)

    @Fiona- awwwieee I don't know why that happened, but I hope you get my updates now :) .. And I'm so glad you stop by to read... thank you for your lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete