March 9, 2012

Hit By Boredom


There's something about boredom. Boredom is a really really fascinating concept, fascinating, and complicated at the same time. It is further complicated, one may observe, by the fact that delving into the fascinating implications of the wonders that boredom beholds, automatically disqualifies you from being a bored person.

Are you Bored yet?


Maybe you are. So you're still reading, word after word after word after word, maybe you're so bored, in fact, that you don't really care how many 'word after word's I wrote, you just took them in a disdainfully bored swoosh of your eye and went on with the rest of the sentence, which incidentally, was absolute nonsense with little thinking matter or ponder-able notions as you can very well see for yourself as we approach the full stop. We did. And again. And again.

Are you Bored yet?

Of course you are. But I am too. I'm typing a magnificent little note on the marvels of what boredom can drive you to do. Like writing about it for example. 

Or, in your case reading about it. Now when you're bored you usually try to alleviate the boredom by doing something, anything, and if that something (or anything) follows the same vein of tediousness as everything else you've done thus far that's left you bored, you do something else. Case in point, I'm beginning to wonder why I use so many commas and narrative interruptions in my little note on boredom.

Am I boring you?
I hope not. I hope you were bored when you got here and I did nothing to change that and you went off on your way with a little bit more useless reading matter ringing in your head for the next, let's say, eleven seconds. 

Rather, I hope you stopped reading mid-way because you were so bored. Because marvellous things are done when you are trying to get rid of boredom. And it's quite a blissful state of mind. You could write a little essay of your own and pass it off as a prodcut of your boredom, because it's a perfectly reasonable response you know, "When did you come up with That?" "Oh you know, I was just a little bored so I...". They're usually lying, but that's not the point. I'm bored. Yes, that's the point. I've filled up four paragraphs saying the same thing over and over. Yet, I believe, If you are reading this, you must, in fact, be reading this.

That puzzles me. I don't know why you're reading this. Maybe nobody is, but then again You are. Assuming of course, that you Might have skipped a few lines and got here, but all the same, you're here, and so am I. So let's talk about vegetables.Vegetables are nice things. For instance did you know that the majority of the characters from the hit Anime series "Dragon Ball Z" are named after vegetables. The protagonist inspired by a carrot, his brother, (dies early, poor chap, he's killed by a piccolo) from a raddish, and most notably, the antagonist-turned-protagonist's side kick-turned-antagonist-turned-protagonist's side-kick is named, after the term 'Vegetable'.

I digress.

Ah, I see, I'm getting bored. Some may argue that that's not possible, seeing the state I was in at the start of this little piece. But you see, that's what's even more fascinating about it. You can get bored of boredom itself. Which logically implies not being bored anymore, but then, boredom never really gave a paisa about what logic dictated (notice how I patriotically used the term 'paisa' over 'dime'). Boredom is a really really fascinating concept, fascinating, and complicated at the same time. It is further complicated, one may observe, by the fact that delving into the fascinating implications of the wonders that boredom beholds, automatically disqualifies you from being a bored person.


Are you Bored yet?

14 comments:

  1. It's boringly interesting... Ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You asked 'Why are we still reading this?' Well, because we were expecting it to get interesting and it did! I never noticed that characters in Dragon Ball z are named after vegetables. Yeah, boredom is boring!

    Liked the above comment too! It is indeed boringly interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha..I am not bored..I was reading every word..it made me intrigued on what's next..nice approach Confused Soul ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well. BOREDOM was so not boring. And its very cool actually how you used boredom to not bore us and intrigue us instead. Ah loved it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boredom is boring. Its a cliche and yet I stick to it! And you know what, reading doesn't bug you, you know what bugs you? when I write a comment like this that is aimed solely at bugging you. And did I tell you I don't feel so bugged looking at your blog because it has the same old not-so-bugging environment in it? And are you bored yet because I haven't been making my ever so boring comments at your stuff? SO.
    Lets be bored. :)


    And yes, Suvaiba actually HUGGED me :D Thanks. Will be around for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. boredom is the most common thing that whether u want or not occurs to everyone... I agree that its fascinating as well as complicating.. Damn messy thing :P

    Nice read

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been bored by birth/since birth and maybe I should stop watching things like shin-chan and move on to naruto and dargon ball!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you wrote about being bored inan interesting fashion :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anon- Hahah thanks :)

    @CD, SOnshu and Sie- conjured up out of boredom. You see it right? Thanks :P

    @Crystal- Who'd know better to play with words than you. I told Suv to DO that and she did..I love her :D ..

    @Jyoti- Thanks :)

    @Emm- Welcome! Shinchan is adorable :D

    @Red- Well when you're bored, I think you right nonsense, which might make some sense to people. Weird right! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. heyyyyyy
    lllllllllllllllllloooong tym
    yep i did hug my rocky ( crsytal ) shes sooo much like a cute teddy d=cdnt help and of course aap ki command bhi to thi :)
    i am also bored bored n bored... :(
    but thara post bada RA-KING se chori (haryanwi effect )
    and now em gonna pay frequent visits darling.
    chow for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! what an interesting point of view.. I kept reading to because there would be something interesting . I am not bored .. I thought I might be .. but u kept it interesting:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey! long long time!!!
    now that something anti-boring! xD
    & interesting post!

    !fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I really thought there was something intriguing at the end!However bored you were kept us all wanting for more of your boredom tales.I'm not bored at all :) I love reading blogs here! It really takes up all the time no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Suv- you're simply sweet :)

    @ROASGITC- Aah glad I didn't bore you :P

    @RV- hahah thanks babe :)

    @Jen- totally does.. I've been hooked forever now :D

    ReplyDelete