They were just sitting there, with their feet dug in the sand.
They
could have been together, or they could have been strangers.
They could have
been strangers who were together, or they could have been together and still
strangers.
Just sitting there, each of them lost in a sea of thoughts almost as
deep as the sea they were looking at.
She looked at him and wondered what was running through his mind. He was always thinking about something important, or so she thought.
It was difficult to decide whether he
thought about important things, or whether things were important only if he
thought about them. When it came to him, her thoughts were always too many to
sort out.
You know when you are sharing a long silence with someone, and even though you can think of all these things to say and break the silence, you’re not really sure if you should say them?
“Sometimes I can’t remember why I love you. It’s usually so much easier to find reasons not to.”
You would do anything to anyone if you felt like it, no matter how mean. You can be unfaithful without really feeling guilty. The ease with which you lie is as alarming as it is disturbing. You are the centre of your world, and sometimes it seems as if you don’t need anyone else.
You refuse to be with me and have
even laughed to my face at the idea of ever being with me. You don’t love me,
and you don’t even care enough to lie about it. You hurt my feelings all the
time. Sometimes, deliberately, just to see if I’d put up with it. And I always
do.
Somewhere between all of this, I love you.
With more dedication than I have probably had for
anything.
And from the midst of all of this, I still see why.
It’s because you
blow life into me every time you look at me. With you, I’m real.
You don’t
infuse in me hope for a better tomorrow, or of one day breaking free from these
mundane walls and chains and building a haven for myself.
You don’t show me
dreams of running away to a better place. You make me feel like I’ve arrived.
So while you sit here, thinking about ways to catch hold of that happiness that seems to forever elude you, I look at you, and find exactly what you are searching for.
So while you sit here, thinking about ways to catch hold of that happiness that seems to forever elude you, I look at you, and find exactly what you are searching for.
She smiled, and
turned back to look at the sun sinking slowly into the Arabian waters. They had
not shared such a long silence since one afternoon the previous year. He had
told her that he was leaving her that day.
She knew that she would probably never get around to saying any of these things to him. So she said the next best thing, “Gola?”
She knew that she would probably never get around to saying any of these things to him. So she said the next best thing, “Gola?”






wow =) This is the best thing i've read in days :D
ReplyDelete*long meaninful silence* from my side shreya. i wish there was a favourite button in bloggers. i so wish!
ReplyDeleteEvery line is beautiful. It all took me away to a whole new place :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Nirali. This was pure beauty. You know those comfortable 'hmm's you say when you're at peace, I did that after reading this! :D
ReplyDeleteExcellent! too many things about this..i love it.
ReplyDeleteAgree with Philo!! I fell in love with every line :)!! And what's with the Gola babe?! :x What an ending!!:D
ReplyDeleteWel.. No adjectives can say exactly how beautiful it was.. So i ll try the next best thing.. Da.. Gola ??? :):):) ende chelav ;)
ReplyDeleteweeeeeeee..I am into this now..having no reasons and just loving not because I have found a partner that fits my expectations but because I have learned to love his imperfections and because he accepted and loved my imperfections too so I should say with him I am real ;)
ReplyDeleteWow! This is the most beautiful piece I have ever read. Just loved it!
ReplyDeletegosh!!...
ReplyDeleteur very inspired these days.. i can really feel it cause I feel the same way too . hehehe :-)
Okay. This is gorgeous. I doubt whether I can use this word for a post. But seriously, this is beautiful. Simple things which make life matter to us. :)
ReplyDelete@BluBluBling- Aww thank you thank you so much :D
ReplyDelete@Akila- Hayyee...thanks babe :D
@PhilO- That makes me feel good :)
@Paanipuri Lover- Aaah and those hmm's are what made me write it :)
@Aishwarya- Aww thank you dear :)
@Jen- Let's just say Gola was the next best thing to happen after a long silence :D ... thankie thankie :D
@Nick-Ninte chelav aanenkil...totally .. Go Gola! ;)
@Sie- As long as you're real and you feel great...nothing can come in between.. God bless :)
@CD- That means a lot to me pagli :D ... thank u :)
@Seeker- Aaah welcome aboard.. and inspired, I don't know .. but :)
@Hypocrite- Welcome hither.. And umm well you sure can & I'm glad you felt so.. thank you so so very much :D ... that's sweet! :)
Awesome. Nostalgia nostalgia..
ReplyDeleteLoved it! :)
Gosh! such a well written post! I really admire the way in which you write. Good job.
ReplyDeletewww.modernworld4.blogspot.com
Awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteI could completely relate to the picture the words weaved and the feeling.Simply capturing is what you have written.
Sometimes silence is the only way the you and me can communicate and what's the need when she understands him so very well :)
tc!
oh pinne...pishkati.. fine my treat..!!! lets go gola..!!! :P :D
ReplyDeletetoo so cool, i loved it..
ReplyDeleteThis is just plain awesome. Nothing else to say. :)
ReplyDeletefrankly i am nt that good enough to get this post. but good to read u after so many days. Was busy in my college fest.
ReplyDeleteCame across your blog for the 2nd time! And Lord, new posts are even more wonderful! :) Keep up the good work!!
ReplyDeleteLove.
http://inthepourinrain.blogspot.in/
@Soumya- Aaah thanks :)
ReplyDelete@Gina- aww that is so sweet! thank you love :D
@Alcina- Well silence speaks louder than words..Alas! Only if the other could hear it :)
@Nick- Hahaha finally you surrender! :D
@Ruchi- Thanks :)
@Sonshu- Thank you babe :* :)
@Adi- No issues. How was the fest? :)
@I do, I do- Thank you dear :)
aww this was khoobsoorat :) confused little soul :)
ReplyDeleteadorably thought provoking and tangily awesome :D
and the 1st picture was so pretty
So poetically written, have read something this good after a long while.
ReplyDeleteYou have a way with words that almost just tugs at your heart. I can't begin to say how beautifully written and well thought this was.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe I havent read any of your posts earlier when you've read most of mine.
But, do expect a lotta notifications in the next days, 'cos I'm gonna stalk the hell out of your blog. :)
Much love,
Polo. xx
A love that gives rather than expects, unconditional and deep and with no traces of angst even after being betrayed?
ReplyDeleteSounds too good to be true yet a part of me wants to believe it exists.
@Suvaiba- As usual, your comments have managed to make me feel good. thanks babe :)
ReplyDelete@Asif- Thank you.. that's really sweet! :)
@Polo- I'd love a stalker, especially if it's a wonderful writer like you :) .. thanks sweetz :)
@Purba- A part of me does too :)