August 1, 2014

Sherlock Moment: Mystery Unveiled!; Day 3 #WhatTheBlack

Today is Day 3.
The day when we would receive our final clue to Blogadda’s #WhatTheBlack experience.
I’ve only just got the opportunity to blog about it, since I’ve been out all day and laid my hands on this product- precisely now.
Less time to play Sherlock, but hey, that doesn’t deter me.

But before that, let’s give you a little recap to this whole experience.
(You can read about Day 1 and Day 2 by clicking on the hyperlink.)
The campaign shortlisted a few Bloggers who would receive certain items- Black in color, for 3 days and then on the 4th Day the actual product would be revealed. These products were a hint/clue to the final item. Follow the trail and crack the code. Winners would get exciting prizes. How cool is that? :D

Suspense, curiosity and excitement followed, and I put my brain and mind to the most productive use. I think I haven’t racked my head so much even during my University exams. That sure would have helped!

Anyway, let’s get to the clues:

On Day 1, I received a Black Egg filled with a sumptuous Chocolate inside. Too early to guess anything, right?

But my thoughts instantly led to Dark Chocolate or something related to a Bakery or Dessert place. However, I had to wait till my thoughts got more clarity.


Poof! All my ideas of a Chocolate place was flushed, having received a Black Newspaper on Day 2. But a thought suddenly occurred to me.
Hey, isn't this a morning routine?
I mean- C’mon we eat an Egg in the morning and then read a Newspaper. Yes, that’s it!
The experience revolves around the Morning routine. What could be next? Umm…maybe a soap/shampoo?


Clue 3: A Black Cup & Tissue



Oh yes- Morning it is! Breakfast time. That’s why the Black cup & tissue.
Confirmed! I was glad that my thoughts were proven correct. But since this was the final clue, my mind started running.

Analysis:
So the final product is Black. It is got to do something with the Morning Time.
It is a daily necessity.
Putting the clues together, my logical next step would be to “get ready for work.”
Oh! So is it a new Clothing Line for Black clothes? We love Black. But an exclusive Black store? And, what would we receive on the 4th day?
Obviously, not clothes. Maybe a voucher. But hey, that can’t be the product. Or can it? 
I was extremely confused.

I began to think- What else do I do in the morning?

Wake up. Brush my teeth. Morning coffee. Breakfast. Shower. Get ready for work. Use my phone.
I kept going over these things.
C’mon the clues are interconnected. Put all of them together. Use your Marketing Knowledge.

And then, EUREKA!!! I think I cracked the code- My Sherlock Moment

I had 3 possible guesses.
1. A Black Soap/Shampoo- Well the product is not gender specific, anybody can use it. So it is a Unisex product and falls in the Morning routine.

2. A Black clothing line- Again catering to Men & Women, it would be such a rave.

3. A Black phone- But that wouldn’t be unique. I mean isn’t that what almost everyone buys. Nothing great about that.

But the above 3 options had nothing to do with a Black Egg or Breakfast. Except the color. What’s common?
And then, something said- Yoooohooo I’m staring at you. Oral Hygiene.
Duh! Chocolate can cause cavity and not washing your mouth post Breakfast- you don’t want stains and food peeking out. The tissue indicates hygiene factor. Of course. And the newspaper- A new product launch or maybe, headlines for this product.

So, my guess for the final product is-  a Black Toothbrush/Toothpaste.
My instinct tells me it is a Toothbrush, since these days Dentists have been recommending a good toothbrush with gentle bristles and flexibility. And I haven’t really seen a Black toothbrush in the market.

Now, you know what's funny? I just went to a Dentist today who explained to me about Toothbrushes and Oral Hygiene. That's why the delay in even blogging. And God, I can't believe that my Dentist experience is linked with #WhatTheBlack experience.

Toothpaste doesn’t seem likely, because that’s not a color I want to put in my mouth. Just seems odd. Plus, there are people who still use Tooth Powder. Anyway, so I’m guessing it’s not a toothpaste.

I further delved into the Black Newspaper and today's invoice which I received for The Black cup & Tissue. Apparently, the work is done by "Candid Marketing Private Limited."
Me, being Ms. Curious Cat went through their Facebook page and noticed that they have bagged the "Best Insight into Action" for Colgate's SlimSoft Toothbrush.



A Black Toothbrush (the above). Probably, that’s what the final product is.

Well, we shall find out tomorrow! :)

My thoughts on #WhatTheBlack experience:
One of the most interesting campaigns by Blogadda, which not only aroused curiosity but kept people buzzing about it on social media. Whatever be the product, it was a brilliant marketing strategy and definitely used the full potential of Blogging and Networking platforms.

In all sincerity, these 3 days have been fun & exciting and I’m going to miss this experience- waiting for the parcel, the guessing, sharing the news on social media and Blogging about it. Thank you Blogadda for the experience.

Waiting eagerly for tomorrow.
:)

5 comments:

  1. You are indeed Sherlock! I think you have cracked the code, Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. My trip to the Dentist worked I guess.
      Hehehe *fingers crossed* :D

      Delete
  2. well done my sherlock!!!!!! PURE GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Eureka Moment you have had, we enjoyed this fun ride along with you :)

    ReplyDelete