While searching for some old photographs, I stumbled upon my old diary today. I don't know how it got there, but I had this strong urge to read it, and that's exactly what I did.
On shuffling through the pages, I read some accounts of sadness and misfortune. I happened to feel the same anguish which I felt back then, reading about a few people and situations. Just when the story seemed depressing, I stumbled upon a few details which brought back peace and joy and without my knowledge I seemed to smile. There were accounts of incidences where I laughed endlessly with friends...antics of my childhood, when I was mad and young...teasing old friends...the sweet memories of my first crush..my first love; little details of small events in my yesteryears which gives a charm to the past.
After having read my diary, I was filled with nostalgia and sweet memories of the past. I can tell that whatever happens is surely for the best! If you have an old diary, I think you must re-read them. You'll come across some pages written in tears, and others when your joy was complete. You will realize that not only can we dream of the future, but we also have the capacity to see dreams out of the past.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment