February 16, 2012

Almost Lover


It neither occurred to her, nor to him.
But the distances were closing...
Like a pack of cards all taut in tension but soon falling apart.
They had finally let their guards down..
It was in the moment, the entire moment..
The universe seemed to be conspiring against her, against her beliefs and against her faith in herself.

Her handwriting was getting obscure, as obscure as her thoughts and feelings for this man next to her.
Guilt there was none, but fears there were several...
Today, yesterday and tomorrow were least of her concerns.
Sleep deprived emotions alive, that was her; naked in his arms...

She didn't wish to give this a second thought.
The world would claim this to be her biggest mistake.


Her handwriting just got more haywire, just like her breath when he kissed her all so suddenly.
She left. Without saying a word.
He lay restless in bed hoping for her return. Although he knew this was NOT the way he'd chalked out his life to be.
In her hurry to leave she didn't realize that she had worn his shirt with the label in front, the wrong way...
Just like his scent lingered on her skin ...the right way.
Who did she want to fool?
She didn't want to know...
She needed him in her life...
He didn't need her, but he wanted her.
Probably wanting to own her for this one long night, taking her to places she'd never been, but he hadn't been there either..still he knew.

Was it lust or love? 
They didn't dare to find out 'coz the truth of their lives had always hurt.
THIS was their chance to negate it all... 

Never to start afresh, but to find themselves in each other, in the arms that reached out to one another...in the truth that entangled their fingers.
She was going off track, she miss-spelt. 

Who was to know what she wanted out of herself and him?
Nothing.
That is where 'the answer' lay- in nothingness (at least that gave her a sense of relief, if nothing!) ...it calmed her.


Her handwriting settled to the one she knew of in all her growing years.
It was the fear of stepping out, out of her confines, out of her zone of comfort into unknown territory. Only to protect herself from the devil within her, who loved playing havoc.

He tossed and turned, eventually falling asleep in the comfort of the dark night.
He left. Without saying a word.
Many seas and many years were separating them...
She read, she read a lot...erotica and hard core literature.. Not to find herself but to distract her of the growing passion within to leave the known and set foot into the unknown.

Today, yesterday and tomorrow still didn’t bother her.
She was her biggest fear.
He was his biggest fear.
Turning life a 360 degrees was their biggest fear.
Were they brave enough to face the game they never played?
They surrendered...
To the fate of life, to the choices they made the other night... to the unfinished business they would never settle.
Indeed they were cowards in the game of life, giving in to realistic pleasures, unwilling to explore the potential of their uncanny attraction.
But this time around they didn't want to leave love to chance.

Cigarettes and magazines were part of their daily intake.
To burn off every night, for they still live in hope of their clinging naked bodies making fierce love...
Taking them to places known through previous lovers and still unknown to each other.

Her handwriting shivered EVERYDAY.
Their bodies cried for that dim ray of hope.
They secretively STILL yearned to explore.
But they STILL were cowards.
There still existed that tiny little hope in each other..
In that moment to show them the path back into each other’s arms..
Like there exists a hope in all her letters, let’s not exclude this one too.


P.S: Her handwriting still quivers.
P.P.S: She still doesn't know if it is love or lust.. or longing
Her books still keep her company.
But don't forget there still exists hope.
WHO knows? 

They didn't, they don’t.. Do YOU?

P.P.P.S: She still wears his shirt with the label in front..the wrong way! :) 



" Your fingertips across my skin
The palm trees swaying in the wind
Images

You sang me Spanish lullabies
The sweetest sadness in your eyes
Clever trick

I never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do....."

''ALMOST LOVER''- A FINE FRENZY

19 comments:

  1. I have nothing to opine on this post. YOU WOMAN! Your mind and fingers co-exist so beautifully!. Sigh!
    Let me just be a silent and evergreen reader of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing and the poem was really good! I loved the P.P.P.S.! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully written ... love the way you wrote.. I thought it will be happy ending but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... So beautifully written... And i just loved the P.S. N P.P.S that you added... Kinda added to the charm.. Like the magic that still lingers long after its over... Nice work da

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally loved the P.S, P.P.S style. And it was just as beautiful as always. You just magically spin something every single time.

    xoxo
    Sonshu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog and GOD, this one post made me FEEL. I cannot find words to explain how well you've written it. The words coming out of pain, disappointment, hurt, and what not!

    I feel that there's always a tiny little part of love in every lust. If given a chance, such are the human beings who can grow that love into complete love. So complete that there won't be a single place for any lust.

    Love.
    http://inthepourinrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautifully written.....I loved the poem especiallythe lines 'I should have known you would bring me heartache.....almost lovers always do..' Everyone knows this but still they fall in love:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Almost Lover. The song, as well as your writing :)
    I went on reading, every line.. every word caught me. The way you have repeated several lines, with different effects on them, was great!
    I think this is one of your best works that I've read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I really love your blog. The way you write? It's indescribable! This is amazing, YOU are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So long, my luckless romance
    My back is turned on you

    Waiting some where for kiss here & there
    or to feel that your breaths warm air...





    Keep Smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. damn that was good.

    and the answer to the question you raised, is something called the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So intense, it was. Very-well written sweetheart!! And that was so sweet...the shirt with the label in front. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Akila- Once in a while being a silent reader is okay, but I'm not gonna accept that everytime :P .. you know that your opinion matters right? :) .. But thank you :D

    @Fiona- The poem is a song.. Thank you :)

    @ROASGITC- Welcome aboard! Secondly, thank you.. umm life doesn't always give you happy endings right? :)

    @Nick- Welcome to my blog after a long long hibernation.. :P .. I'm so happy you like it.. means a lot to me :D .. thank you da :)

    @Sonshu- Hahah thank you love :)

    @I do, I do- Welcome to my blog! Lust is a feeling that sometimes overpowers love and very rarely it does co-exist with love.. But I like what you've said.. makes a lot of sense :) .. thank you for your kind words and dropping by here :)

    @CD- Ayy pagli :D .. thank you love :)

    @PhilO- this comeing from you makes me feel I've written well.. so thank you :D .. and yes the repetition was to emphasize on certain emotions.

    @Eprilis- Awww that is so sweet...thank you so much dear :) .. *hugs*

    @Makk- Wow that was wonderful.. welcome to my blog :)

    @Raj- thank you so much! :)

    @Mirage- hehehe thank you..glad you like it :)

    @MSM- Aaah so I'm pleased to have pleased you :P .. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Well written! You live up to your blog name…lol
    So intense but the end is abstract!

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ya well lovers are meant for pain more and pleausre less but lust is always a part of love even though not eccesary love is a part of ust n e wayz....beuing tat coward doesn seem to matter at least
    not to her ,,,which is let me tell you not a thing to e proud off ,,,!!!!
    the poems end did give me goose bumps ,,,!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ps: thank you for showering my blog with your love ,,,it dearly needed it .. ,,,!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!..What a beautiful post!...I loved P.s, P.P.s, P.P.P.s...I didn't see so much nesting anywhere.....:D

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGGG!!! I haven't read a poem/prose this intense that has had me gripped till the very end!! LOVE the way you write :) You should win a Grammy equivalent Writing award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Megha- I wanted the end to be like that. But thank you so much for your lovely comment :)

    @Amnn- You're welcome coz your blog deserves the love :) .. Umm it was just a piece of thought which I tried to pen down. Just like love and lust, they're beyond happy endings.

    @valli- Heheh thank you :D

    @Jen- I'm absolutely glad you liked it. Thanks love :) .. And my goodness I'm not that good at writing, but seriously *hugs* for the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete