So I’m back after a dreadful, tiring
but amazingly awesome Saturday.
So I’ve been postponing this meet with
a friend for a really long time. I was busy, but more so laziness caused the
delay. But yesterday when she said she was going to Kolkata for 2 months, I
knew I had to take time out and go catch up with her.
Now let me tell you, I’m meeting her
for the first time. I’ve known her through one of my besties but we’d never
really met. So I had to go to Bandra and I was running late, which I did inform
her. And she was sooooo sweet, that she didn’t mind. Initially we were to meet
at Bandra Station, but then there was a change in plan and she told me, we were
meeting at Candies, Carter Road.
Now to the suburban chicks and
townies, Candies is probably one of the most popular and known hangouts. But
for me, well, I was going there for the 2nd time. So as expected I
was not too aware of the path. I took a Rick and told him the destination. He
did take me to Candies, but like a smaller version in Pali Naka (which I have
to say was pathetic) .. The whole trip drained my energy and well she had to
come and pick me up & together we went to Carter’s.
Candies
is THE PLACE. I mean it’s got the right ambience, food, people, everything.
It screams elite from all angles. So to those who haven’t been there, please
check out the place. J
Okay so Ishita (my friend) is an
absolute jhalli. A tom-boy with
subtle hints of feminism. Upbeat, cool and social. She’s soooo thin but she’s
got that appetite. You know who eat but don’t put on weight…Aaah I’m so envious
:P .. So she ordered a Dragon chicken with Pink Lemonade and I gorged on to a
Mutton Mince roll and Double Chocolate Mousse.. Yummm! :D
I absolutely loved her and we got
along like fire. I mean we had so many similarities and gosh meeting her was so
much fun. Met a couple of her friends too. Umm later we headed to a small
tree-house near Pali Hill and gosh the place was so serene. Loved it. Chilled
out. Had a great time :D
Tomorrow she’s headed to Kolkata and I’m
already missing her. She’s one of those people with whom you can spend hours
together and still want for more. While returning I was to travel with another
friend, but he threw tantrums, so well I came back in the A/C bys by myself.
And I love myself for it. Traveling alone is something I totally totally like.
Headphones plugged in the ear, looking outside the window and talking to your
loved ones. What more does one need?
Aaahhhh but the BEST PART is I can’t
wait for tomorrow.
I’m headed to Bandra again. Well guess
what it’s the INDIBLOGGER MEET at TRIDENT, BKC :D .. Yayyiiiiieeeee ..
Are you jealous? Heheheh..
SO I shall meet a lot of Mumbai
bloggers and hopefully have a great time.
I shall keep you posted about how it
went.
So what are your weekend plans? Have a
great one.
J
The bloggers meet :( im so very jealous :(
ReplyDeleteI eat a lot, but I don't gain weight! Ha. Your turn to get jealous now :D
It's fun meeting people. And it's amazing how easily we click with a few of them :) I love tree houses! :)
Have fun at the meet :) Miss me there :p
hmm yes of course jealous. i hv exam day after tmrw but who cares..i will take rest n sleep whole day :) u hv fun..:d
ReplyDeleteIt sure seems you had lots to be happy about :)
ReplyDeleteAnd i so know what you mean when you tell about your friends attitude!
Have a nice time tomorrow..
Mumbai is THE CITY. I'm so glad you all are meeting. Have fun. :) I'm sure its gonna be kadakk ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to Mumbai at the end of this year. I should make a note of this place Candies huh? The food sounds great. And hi-fives to your friend for being a tomboy (for the most part). I can relate :)
ReplyDeleteI am so JEALOUS of the bloggers meet. I so want one in Bangalore. Can't wait to meet you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sonshu
I m jealous ! I couldnt meet you and missed many bloggers at the meet..! I had the exam and as I passed Kurla.. i got a mild heart attack! :P
ReplyDeletei badly missed the event! hope u guys had fun!
I was at Candies before the meet today, I went to the one in Pali hill which has several floors.I'm confused which one did u visit?
ReplyDeleteIts a place that smells Art,looks Art,speaks Art.I could well imagine living in a house like that :)
NOW M JEALOUS! JES JES JES JES JEALOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
ReplyDeleteI want a blogger meat too. I yam RED HANDED GENTALMENSSSS
I just wish Candies would figure out some way of serving people better! I'm tired of standing at the counter, jumping up and down and screaming to get the guys attention. And then feeling like an idiot because well, I didn't really get his attention :(
ReplyDeleteDamn. I missed the meet. How was it?
@PhilO- LOl yes I'm jealous.. but the BLOGGERS MEET was super awesome and we got so many goodies..so you be jealous :D Hahaha...
ReplyDelete@Shreya-hahah enjoy babe :)
@Alcina-I had a great time! :)
@I do, I do- Ohh twa ssuper amazingly kadak... met so many new people and they're all so talented..Loved it :)
@Zeebs- Oh you totally should.. ANnd hey I'm a tom-boy too :P . hahah..
@Sonshu- We'll have our own little blogger meet okay? ;)
@The Madrasi- Awww we missed you too.. But there's always a next time..and then even if u gotta bunk an exam, you must come :P
@Ila- Ohhh... SO you were at Candies, Carter..def not Pali.. Coz Pali's a tiny space and the one at Carters is artsy, beautiful and uber cool :D.. And I visited both..But the Carter's the AWESOME one :(
@Red- Hahahah we'll organize one, okay? :P
@Shreya- Ohh yeah that's a bit annoying.. they should have more staff, I think.. The meet was awesome.. why didn't you come?
It is so exciting..bloggers meet wow..I'm so happy for you Confused Soul and don't forget your updates of the event..be happy because you deserve it..smile smile smile ;)
ReplyDeletewow , a bloggers meet????? :O
ReplyDeleteSounds So much fun.
"pssssst : Who do we have to bribe to get the invites ? "
Even i love travelling alone, one becomes so mindful to every passing moment ! :-)
Enjoy :-)
@sie- Ohh it was amazing :D .. met so many new bloggers.. had a great time :)
ReplyDelete@Miss komal- Ooohh you don't have to bribe anyone.. join the team.. when they have a meet all you have to do is register...free free free :D .. hehehe
I am so sad I missed it :( was not well! would have been so much fun to meet everyone!
ReplyDelete@Zephyr- Aww how's your health now? Next time we shall def meet.. Take care! :)
ReplyDelete