July 17, 2014

Being High and The Award!

"Today I met the Universe, and she was crying, she said she was failing at her job, and she was as fractured and broken as all of us, she wished she could start again. She was a fractal, and I zoomed in a million times and she was me. I told her it wasn't that bad and she'd be okay, and she was very pretty with all those stars inside her, and all that time inside her."

"I think you're high."

"You think?"

*************

Remember the days when Blog Awards were a fashion? So many different ones and almost everyone had at least one to flaunt. Well those were some days. Makes me feel these awards somehow reinstated the feeling that I was a better writer. Or maybe not.

So recently when The Silent Crusader bestowed the Liebster Award upon me, I felt a mix of emotions. One. I was happy to receive it. Two. Did I really deserve it?

I’ve not been a frequent blogger. If you see in 2013 I wrote 9 posts in all. That’s not even equal to 1 post a month. But yes, with a lot of free time in hand, I’ve started blogging more often. It somehow always makes me feel better. Also, I have been reading a lot of Blogs and it is amazing to see such talent out there. What better than a good read?

Anyway, dear Silent Crusader, THANK YOU very much for having awarded me this. It does mean a lot to me. And I wouldn’t lie, but this does make me want to constantly improve my writing and get better. I do know that I have a long way to go and I would try not disappointing. Oh and also thank you for not having any questions. I somehow don’t fancy doing that anymore.

Mumma always taught me- Sharing is caring! :P
So here I would like to nominate the below blogs for the same. And again, no questions from my end. It would just mean a lot, if you accepted this as a token of my love & appreciation.


1.      Aathira at Bewitched by Words- This is the first name that popped to my mind. I was introduced to her fine writing skills by Soumya and have been in love since then. She is your quintessential writer. Aptly named, her writing is bewitching and versatile. She is one author, who’s posts I eagerly look forward to. She depicts each of her characters so brilliantly that you would instantly put yourself in their shoes. She is amazing. 

2.      Red Handed- She is probably the most famous blogger in this blogosphere and recipient of the millionth award, but she totally deserves it. Her posts light up my day and make me laugh like no tomorrow. I’ve never seen such so much sincerity in anyone’s words like she writes.

3.      Chintan Gupta at The Blunt Blog- I’ve been following her for a really long time and I absolutely love what she writes. Just like her blog, every post is hard-hitting and blunt, and that’s what makes it really unique. Each one of you would relate to her post, in one way or another. I love this lady!

4.      Keirthana- She is a beautiful story-teller. The way she weaves her tale is lovely. I recently stumbled upon her blog and I’m in love with it. A lot of people already know her, but for those who don’t; head out there and show her some love.

5.      Mirage- Simplicity is the best virtue! Familiar with that quote? Well, that’s her blog for you. She’s a versatile writer and you’ll be surprised every time you drop by!

6.      Zeba at Zebra Talk- Her command over the English language is impeccable. Her writings keep you craving for more. Surreal but highly addictive.

Well, head out there and show them some love, okay?

That's it for today. Good Night lovelies.

:)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Sweets :) It is indeed an honor! A special thanks to Soumya too :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats to all the bloggers nominated! I have been reading each and everyone you have mentioned here and each one of them deserves this award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby girl (not the sone di kind) !!!
    Thank you soooooooooooooo much. You were beutifully generous with your words. Not that I am complaining. Thank you really! and tight hugs. You know sometimes I read the other blogs you mentioned and see their creative posts and their beautifully crafted poems and stories with intricate details and I feel that I shouldnt be here. And then you give me this award. Thanks! :)

    I have read all the bloggers u have mentioned. I am still hungover A's spooky series...I love Chintan for her bold and twisted posts...I love Keirthana's because all her posts are so genuine! Love Zeba because she sees and imagines things in a way that I can never even try. and MIRAGE, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE HER. I have to say that if there are any poets who are out there whose poems and haikus I look forward to, it has to be Mirage and Amrit Sinha.

    And my confused little beautiful soul, I love your blog too.Your narration, the intricate details, the way you play with words and the way you make me imagine it all. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ufff.. ab hume rulaogi kya!!!

      xo

      Delete
    2. Okay, so my comment randomly disappeared.
      Hehe first of all, you're a great writer and you totally deserve this! Like I mentioned earlier, your posts totally light up my day and I wait for them :D ... So there's no thank you required.. I'll take the hug :) *Hugs*..

      P.S. I'm glad you like my blog, means a lot! Thanks much! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, my dear. By the way you write, you are anything but a confused soul :P But we all do revel in seeking what the soul wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people are now telling me that I'm not a confused soul.. Gosh! :P .. Anyway, congrats! :D

      Delete
  5. It's probably the best feeling when people who you adore, adore you back wholeheartedly. And it gets accentuated when you connect with them by words and expressions.

    Thank you for considering me for this award. I feel so much more motivated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog. I've said it before, I'll say it again. :)
      You're brilliant girl! So keep writing.
      Lots of love :)

      Delete
  6. congratulations on the award :) well done and you have named some lovely bloggers too .. congrats to them tooo

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete