![]() |
| Source: www.hdwallsource.com |
The sand nestled itself between my toes as I finally
stood facing the sea for the first time in my life. Perhaps that is how the sea
wishes to welcome me, with the silver sand and the spray. Perhaps it's strange
that I personify eroded rocks and water bodies, perhaps it is strange that most
others do not.
For a while my eyes could not fathom the vast blueness of
the sea, its structure with living waves and breaks and the magnificence of it.
I stood there for the longest time. My shadow shifted from my left to my right
as I tried to catch it in the act. I could not. And I could not understand the
sea. My mind was used to small things I could understand. The sea was simply
beyond me. I had gone expecting the great joy of discovery. I came back with a
renewed sense of mortality and irrelevance and my own small space in the vast
bounds of creation.
But it was not like I hadn't felt it before. Among these
feelings was hiding a sliver of recognition. I had felt the same when I read a
good book or heard a good song or fell in love with a good person. After all, I
realized as I left my shadow behind to dance with the dying embers of the
setting sun, there is something beautiful about things which are larger than my
existence, there is something beautiful about being swept away, and there is
something very beautiful about incomprehensibility. Maybe I'll never see the
sea completely. It did not matter. As long as I could add another drop to it,
it did not matter.
I smiled as I walked barefoot in the sand.
The sea roared in agreement.

The sea always leaves us in deep thoughts. Nearest beach to me is quite far, I'd have to go far from my state to find one. Whenever I get the chance, I sit in front of the waves, and speak my thoughts out. Then, I find solitude, I realise they are bigger things, and broader perspective of seeing things. If we're confined in a little space, we often find ourselves in pressure. But when you look at a bigger picture, you'll release the glitch.
ReplyDeleteThere is definitely something beautiful about being swept away by the waves.
There is something beautiful about the seas.
It's beautiful how one finds Solitude and comfort in the smallest of things. The Sea will always be my friend. The way the waves form themselves, makes me realize how they listen to me patiently and then take away all that I shared with it coming back with a renewed spirit. :)
DeleteI love love loveee this one. So much serenity. Such calm. Yet you have made it breathtakingly beautiful at the same time.
ReplyDeleteYour posts do this to me. The jaw dropping effect.
The feeling is mutual Aathira. I love you and your posts. Make me smile, give me goosebumps. They have that magical effect on me.
DeleteAnd every time you leave these kind words, you make me want to improve. Makes me sooooo happy. Thank you love :)
lovely post..!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Sonali!
DeleteWelcome to my humble abode :)
You are getting better and better with every single post.
ReplyDelete" I had gone expecting the great joy of discovery. I came back with a renewed sense of mortality and irrelevance and my own small space in the vast bounds of creation."
YOU KNOW HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS WAS!
Aww thanks Red :)
DeleteI love you *hugs*
There are so many things beyond us out of which sea is an amazing one. Our existence is just a teeny tiny part of the big picture but it is the entire picture for each and every individual.
ReplyDeleteThis was so beautiful, I have a feeling we would get along in discussions about such deep stuff :)
Reading your posts, I'm sure we'd get along pretty well.
DeleteMaybe, someday along the seaside :)