The
tingling of my bangles
Is the
only noise around,
The
loneliness of this night
Is
darker than my kohl.
The dupatta I
feel, me it strangles,
Suffocation
and with pain I am bound.
Slowly
it creeps in, the anger, the fright,
I wish
I could just fall asleep, deep down in some hole.
My
body, my scent, them it entangles
I sell
myself to them and I make no sound.
I let
them abuse me, for I have lost the fight,
For I
have learnt to endure this trade and its curse as a whole.
But I
will kill it today, now, again, because me it rankles,
The
life breathing in me, unknown, unwanted will thus be unseen, unfound.
And I
will end another being, another breath, before I give it sight,
Before
I hear a cry, dead it will be, as dead as my soul.

This has so much hurt. I hope she doesn't do what she is thinking :( Everyone deserves a chance at life :(
ReplyDeleteI hope she doesn't too! :)
DeleteStory of so many women. Her reasoning is true to her life..but not true to our thoughts.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely :)
DeleteCan't blame her, for only she knows what it takes to live that life. Such sadness!
ReplyDeleteI hope she can sustain herself!
DeleteWhat a somber poem, very piquant and eerily stirring. Loved the emotions that you have depicted here.
ReplyDeleteI'm flattered. Thank you much! :)
DeleteA very shattering piece of work :(
ReplyDeleteUnfortunate realities!
Delete