August 16, 2011

Just A Fairy Tale



Have you ever thought how long a true love might last? I am not talking about feelings fading away and break-ups, because of the lack of understanding. I am talking about cases when you know your relationship will never lead to a marriage.


Because life is unfair, because circumstances are too strong, because whatever sacrifice you are ready to make do not seem to be enough.


We all dream about eternal love or at least about the one when you can live happily together & die on the very same day. It doesn’t work out that way for all of us. Not because we don't want it. Not because we fear something. Not even because we fall out of love. But because it just was not meant to be.


Picture this- On one hand, if you know this is your soul mate, the right person for you, the one who can read your thoughts & make you feel like you are the most special person on the planet … But again if you also know you won't be able to make it to the marriage & happily ever after because of different matters.. If you know you can be together only for a while, would you still go for it? Knowing you will be hurt afterwards, knowing they will be hurt, predicting tears & pain in the future. Will you still go for it?


What is stronger? The fear of having a broken heart, or emotional attachment & love you both are sharing now? Would you risk your emotional stability for the ocean of emotions, while you have this relationship & even after?


Love is not something you would have forever. For some of us, it lasts just a year, for some- a month, a week, a day, a moment....  But isn't our life just a moment comparing to eternity. Time is relative when it is about you being happy in love. And even if you get a chance of being with the one you love for a day only, wouldn't it be the best day of your life, Wouldn't it be your LIFE? Because the rest doesn’t matter.


Sometimes life gives us experiences we would love to avoid. Sometimes we get less than we expect. Sometimes we don't understand why it is so unfair. Knowing you cannot be with the person you love might kill you. You will be dying slowly if you let it get into you. When you feel circumstances are tough, when you realize life is challenging you & asks for sacrifices which you might not be able to make. And when you are ready to sacrifice your whole life for the sake of being with the one you love & it still doesn't seem enough.. Then the world crashes down. Are you ready for this? Would you even knowing all this still go for the short moments of happiness?


Happiness of being together.

Happiness of finding solace & peace with the one you love.

Happiness of comfort & knowledge that someone out there loves you.

Happiness of belonging to someone’s world.


Would you just abuse the privilege of being in love by choosing the easiest way? The way of escape?


Love is not eternal happiness but what I know is that sometimes a moment of happiness with the one you love is worth your whole life. We can’t lie to ourselves & we know it will hurt in the end when things fall apart but to me this pain is much more less that the happiness love can give. No regrets, it is the only way it should be, life has a lot for us in store. Some experiences might seem weird & unfair to us, but they make us- US & they give us a chance of being happy, when even for a short while. A short while that is worth more than eternity.


Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.....

  


***********


P.S. Thank you to all those who prayed for my dad's health. He is doing better, though not yet stable, it's better! A heartfelt thanks to you all... 


Apart from that I wanna welcome Sunil, Being Sinful, Priyanka, and SUB to my blog... *oooh I'm so happy you guys are following...Makes me feel like I finally do write some sense that you wanna read :P ... So yeah welcome aboard people :D ... Love you all! 

:)

10 comments:

  1. Such a thoughtful post, loved it!
    And I'm glad your dad is doing better, hopefully he will recover fully soon, I will keep praying for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been in Love, yet =(
    It was nice reading though. Love sounds pretty 'intriguing'=D

    OH, I am so pleased to hear that. He'll get better than ever soon. He'll be a super-dad soon. *Fingers crossed*
    Cheers.
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mahi, first of all thanks for the warm welcome at the end of this post.. didn't expect that! :) and good to know your dad is doing better.. hope he gets fully recovered soon..

    And about the post - it is brilliant! Loved it.. and you ended it in a perfect way - " Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale..." how true!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, aawwwwww!!!
    Im so glad he's better. Prayers always help.

    Love, havent experienced!?
    But it sounds so lovely and intimidating in a nice sort of way. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish a good health to your father :)
    http://my-littlee-secrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PurpleMist & Aman- thank you so much! :)

    @Hamza- Never been in love, really? :O ... ooh no worries you'll get your soul mate soon (that's if your looking) :P ... Super-dad..I hope so :D

    @Sunil- Your most welcome! Btw I like your blog..pretty nice stuff :D

    @Sonshu- U bet it is! I'm in love with Love ;) .. heheh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly don't know which way I'd choose. Love that is perfect for us comes but once in a lifetime but to walk away...? I don't know and I hope I never have to find out. Too much to lose and nothing to gain, don't you think?:)

    And aww:) thanks for that sweet welcome, makes me all the more glad I did <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walking away from love seems so silly...because it's one of the best feelings in the world..I think our loss also counts as an experience, but then again I hope no one goes through that... And your most welcome pri...thanks for following! :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. good to know that your father is doing well...:)
    and thanks for the warm welcome :D

    yes, love do give us fairy tales...and some tales lasts for ever...

    Cheers!
    SUB

    ReplyDelete