September 6, 2011

A Letter Filled With Rage


Dear Perverted Indian men,

This is to let you know that as a mature and sensible young girl, I have decided to forgive the indecency that you are forced to exhibit every opportunity that you are presented with.

I understand that we are a sexually repressed country so there aren’t many alternatives for you to dispel your sexual energy other than rubbing yourself against a teenage girl in an overcrowded bus. I understand that raping your wife is barely enough so you are compelled to molest a minor. I understand that keeping your goods in your pants is a herculean task because you are no better than a stray dog that runs after every car he sees. The poor thing has no control over its instincts and neither do you. That’s all right. I understand. I understand that your friends are more impressed with your ability to terrify a woman than your career or education. It makes you manly, I know. I understand that your girlfriend doesn’t let you touch her so you are forced to derive pleasure from other girls who are already scared of going to the market alone. Considering your pitiful mindset, I don’t blame your girlfriend for not giving you any ‘action’, but I understand how excruciating it is for you. My sympathies.

I understand that all of you are not the same, but I do not know which of you to address. Young or old? Rich or poor? Educated or primary school drop-outs? For yesterday I saw a man stare unabashedly at the chest of a girl his grand-daughter’s age. And today I got the case of a woman married into a multi-millionaire family facing sexual abuse in her marital home. I have also seen rickshaw-Walla’s more respectful of women than many MBAs I have come across. So no, I don’t know which of you is a ‘safe bet’. And I have no way of knowing it.

But I want you to know that I understand. So I’m sorry for refusing to shun my spaghetti straps. I will walk down a lonely street if I want, though I know that may help you identify me as an easy target. I will not sit at home, burqa-clad. I know even a hint of flesh on display for your predator eyes spells trouble. But unfortunately I have a life too. I am aware of the fact that all my karate lessons will come to a naught if four of you decide to abduct me someday. But I still dare to walk with my head held high. I cannot possibly change how you think and I do not expect you to exercise those tiny brains of yours. I know it is too much effort and you would rather spend that energy whistling at a girl in your college canteen. So I don’t know how to help you. But I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by my being a girl.

Respectfully,
A girl who is disgusted by your attitude and sometimes wishes she could shoot you when she witnesses all that you think is within your rights to do as a man.

**********

P.S.
       1. Those of you who do not like the tone of this post and would have preferred a well-researched article written with clinical composure are free to feel offended. This is my blog and I will express my opinion whichever way I want. I had every intention to make the post outrageous or at least refrained from editing it to suit the sensibilities of most people. If I feel a certain way, I will write it exactly as such. All I expect from you is to let enough sense to prevail to know what point I am really making

        2.  You don’t get to make personal attacks on me hiding behind the cloak of anonymity. I had the guts to write this post with my identity known to whoever might read it. So if you want to call me pessimistic or question my attitude and world-view, come out in the open and do it. I’ll respect you more for it. Anonymous comments are intended to help readers share painful or embarrassing incidents/feelings, not so that you can attack me without even giving me the option of knowing who you are.


14 comments:

  1. oops....that's a lot of anger coming out...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you know what
    i feel like stopping a cricket match in the middle of night going on the field of the ever so over crowded stadium... snatch the mike and read something similar out loud and abuse all the badi wali hindi slangs i know and the english ones also i know a telgu one too :P
    but this is the limit...!
    i hate it...!! i seriously do..!
    >>>>>BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I UNDERSTAND ahhh this para is pretty cool
    and the PS points too..!
    im folowing
    do pay a visit to my blog...!
    til then keep writing
    dasvadaniya
    suvaiba..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marinaded in sarcasm sauce and baked to perfection.
    Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah...i dont know much about indian men but someitmes in the movies and tv they do exactly as you have described here... sad indeed :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure, but I think I read this earlier... don't remember where!! Was this reposted? Or.. Anyway..

    As for the content or the post.. well, first of all, I think the letter should be addressed to all the men around the globe who fall in the 'category' rather than just Indian Men...

    I totally understand the feelings and appreciate ton and the way this post was written... And I don't think any male to feel offended by this post - unless he is guilty of being such a character.

    Apart from that, the falling hearts in the template is really nice, but I felt its blocking the content at that fall at the edges.. Just my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @SUB- yeah was frustrated and still am! :/

    @Suvaiba- I know it can get pretty pissing off when it happens almost all the time.. And here traveling in the bus or getting into the general compartment of the train cannot be avoided without some inhumane people trying to pester you… Humph! :x

    @Sushmit- Thanks…I’m glad you understood! I finally have someone mature checking this out :D ... haha and giving a positive feedback

    @Muhammad Israr- Indian men are nice, I don’t say they are bad…but there are again perverts everywhere right!!

    @Sunil- I posted it just yesterday…Maybe you read something similar.. The “Indian Men” was apt because I’ve personally only encountered Indian men and not people from across the globe…and it wasn’t really to offend the decent chaps, but then again I’ve added “PERVERTED” before the men, so it’s applicable only for them..

    As for the hearts template, I don’t know how the view is for you guys, because for me it hasn’t blocked the content, in fact it’s not even touching… I’ll see what I can do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so freaking true! :x I get soo pissed off even thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. every bit of your frustration n anger is well justified!
    we're from a country where a raped girl will be taunted for dressing inappropriately while the pervert who raped her walks scott free!
    i share the same feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well its not juts indian men... ots everywhere... around the globe...

    there is this distinct breed, that makes it hard for us to trust men reason u dont know which one u r getting on ur plate...but those who make a dash of themselves, why not use some action on them... no seriously why u think u need to keep quiet when u r being molested... and its very obvious, why not give them some peice of mind and let the world know the substance they are made of... i know a fried who slapped those kinds in public... and well sometimes u need to... its ok... some men need to learn some manners and we have a right to let them know we are not public property... use some Karate. or atleast a good tight slap on the face will keep him at a good enuf distance not to mention.... making him look like a pig he was being:D chill and may god keep u safe and no never take the deserted roads...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Rachana- I know it's bloody sick! :x

    @Indumathy Sukanya- I totally agree...and somehow I feel only our country lets these people walk away from their sins, when actually they should be punished!

    @Love- But the fear of retaliation in a very inhumane way cannot be forgotten... :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clearly, the aforementioned class of 'men' surely don't read such things, they are perennially blind to such aversions.

    But let your rage be vented on learning self defense, tough times ahead, for all. Let them get the hit where it would hurt the most.

    Regards,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOH Woman you killed it. This was one RAGING post!! I got directed to this post through INDUMATHY's Blog. You know what the sad part is? These things you wrote here will not change their mindset even if they read this or even if we humiliate them enough to stop. Just like a DOG's tail it is bound to curl up again.. These are the kinds that spoil the name of the MEN species.
    Check my take on this. Similar topic and i found yours and another bloggers take on Men too commented. Awesome read!

    http://anuglyhead.blogspot.com/2011/09/dear-menkind.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Blasphemous Aesthete- I wish they'd understand.. really! :/

    @Red Handed- I really wish such men rot in hell.. But even hell shouldn't take them in.. these men just suck...ughh! :x .. And I read that post...It's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. *clapping hands* to a wonderfully written post.Your frustration is very well understood from this post, and you know what. I guess all 'girls' or 'women' or 'grannys' suffer this frustration almost every day of their life. Sadly they don't have to wait to set foot to the outside world. Some, very unfortunate, ones suffer them at their very own home as well. Sad state of affairs I tell you!

    ReplyDelete