September 26, 2011

Dabba Day!

1 class. 62 students. 62 tiffins. 1 bond- FRIENDSHIP!

Well yes that's exactly how the scene was in college today.. Since it's our last year of college, we decided to do something different, before our study leave begins. We planned the DABBA DAY.. :P

Each student in class, had got a dabba(tiffin) and we gorged on to it. The sight was mesmerising and the aroma of the dishes, inviting.
So may different delicacies- pulao, chappati, noodles, paneer chilly, paratha, macaroni, sheera, biriyani, pakoda's and the list is endles..

We made it look like a buffet system, with everyone getting to eat a bit of every dish. The scene to me was like those days back in school, where the bell would ring indicatin recess. And we would open out dabba's and share.. (okay some didn't :P) .. But the point is today we did, and it brought out the true essence of sharing and a lot of bonding happened.

Gosh and after all this, 62 of us were piled for Ic-cream in front of the shop... Took loads of photo's.. This was one helluva day, whcih I'm sure would be etched in the hearts of every one...

The realisation dawns upon me, that we just have a few more months in college, and once we are out, things will be so different... I'm gonna miss all this to bits...Well, but for now, I'm having a great time..

Oh and tomorrow is my University project submission and I'm so glad it's done. My friend are still struggling with it nd had to shell out extra bucks.. Phew! Plus my old neighbour cum friend R came over to my place and God it was sooooooooooo good to see her.. Out conversation didn't seem to have an end and her mum had to literally pul her out of my place.. Seeing her after I guess 10 years... But nothing's changed...except she's as thin as ever and I look like a hot air balloon :P .. hahah...

P.S. 1 looonnnnnnnggggg lecture tomorrow, so not liking it! :( .. Take care peeps!

:) 

10 comments:

  1. nice read hun!
    thanks for sharing.
    keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like an idea!
    it's my final year too...n if my class wasnt a battlefield, i would suggest it to ppl in there :P
    you seem to be having fun! Rock on, baby! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh. I think I'm just gonna flick your dabba day idea:) Sounds like so much fun..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no!! whatever i typed just got erased!!! arrghh!

    looks like you had a ball!! oops.. buffet! :D naiiceee...
    This kinda happens in our class every day.. we had hardly noticed.. its almost like a routine.. just digging into each others dabbas.. :P
    i'm happy in a way coll is gonna get over soon and i can start earning and i'm sad too because i'm def gonna miss these small things.. :| especially bunking classes!
    I realised the value of bunking only during internship.. :P
    i will definetly miss the 'pleeeaaseee siiiirrr enougghhhhh" when we can't take another word after a borrriing lecture!...
    oh man! I'm def gonna miss college... :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Diane- I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for dropping by! :)

    @Indumathy- ohh you must try it out.. you never know the battle field may let you sign a peace treaty ;)

    @Ashwini- Awww *hugs* :) ♥

    @PeeVee- Oh you totally can! And do give me updates love... :D

    @Viya- It used to happen in my class too, but then we decided that we'll just celebrate and voila it was tons of fun! umm you sort of did remind me of those little things.. I feel glad to be old enough to think I can earn a living but then again moments in college, with friends, I sure am going to miss them! I'll miss college too :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting activity. It must have been a real delight to your taste buds, right? :)


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Blasphemous Aesthete-oh yes it was... thanks to the efforts of all the lovely mom's who prepared the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a lot of fun :)
    Days like this will always remain with us :)

    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete