October 1, 2011

I Wish I Could Sleep





I wish I could sleep.  
What is this feeling of alienation?
There's nothing for me. No one for me.
I can't sleep.
When I do, I see myself burning into ashes.
I see myself alone.
I see myself embarrassed and crying.
I wake up disoriented and scared.
I can't think about it.
There's too much to do.

I stare at the drone of words and images on the laptop.
I think of sleep and my face reddens as my eyes well.
I wish I could cry, but there's no place to go.
This is not the time.
This is not the place.
This is not home.

I can't tell anyone why I can't sleep.
I can't tell them what I see. 
Then they'll know too much of me. 

When did I get so secretive?
Where do I go to find familiarity, when no one knows me? 
What is happening? 

I need to sleep.
Tears will come, sleep will come. On loop.

5 comments:

  1. Tears will come. Sleep will come.

    But soon, the pain will pass, and the light will shine upon you :)

    Lovely words.. Sad. And touching.
    The picture is nice too :)

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @HBL- :)

    @PhilO- I am hoping you're right.. thanks love.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm....why cannot you sleep? and then not telling it....something fishy fishy there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Muhammad- been through some really tough times of late.. I can't put into world...I was entangled in a mesh of emotions, but now I'm okay..I'm finally free :) .. nothing's fishy :P

    ReplyDelete