October 23, 2011

Stories To Be Told


So many advanced modes of communication
The process of sending and receiving messages has become so much faster.
So many platforms to share.
And yet, we can't talk to each other.

In this global village, we are all alone.
Increasingly alone.

But was it always like this?
Don't we remember our grandmothers telling us stories?
Don't we remember stories of stories being told?

Back when people told their stories, because that's all they had.
When they sang songs with no words, because people could understand wordlessness. 
Did they know that we, in our quest to communicate, would forget these things on the way?

And now the story teller is fake.
He now has no story to tell, only a story to sell.
And the music is not about people
But about the things they possess.

Back when people didn't know what it was to possess.
When they shared knowledge because why should they not.
Did they know that we, in our quest to protect, would start patenting?

What do you do when you want to connect, in a world too fast to hold on to?
How do you talk to people, so that they might listen?

In this world of text messaging, I search for stories.
Because they are everywhere, waiting to be told.
So would you tell me a story?

***************
 Okay so I've been a hell lot tired after yesterday... I'd been to Pune with A.M. visiting my cousin... The journey was fun with the loud music and a lot of giggles and stories... Ate Dum Biriyani and had a Breezer (Cranberry) at a dhaba in Lonavala yesterday.. I'm still craving for the food there. It was so freaking yummy man! .. Oh and I've been listening to Dawn Jay's music.. Just heard his song through some link in FB and and he’s good.. The music is catchy and so in.. Check him out and tell me what you think... And lastly A BIG THANK YOU to Prithvi... Trust me, I haven't paid him for this.. Ab main hoon hi itni special, that he dedicated the entire post to me.. ;) .. Read it here.. thanks yaar :D .. So he's given me an award too and I'll write more about that in the next post.. For now, it's me signing off... 

:)

15 comments:

  1. True. With more modes of communication, the more closed we're becoming. And when we DO talk we talk about trivial things and not what we actually want to say. Good one:)

    Dum biriyani *sigh* And I'm have choru and payaru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the poem was great ..! :)
    indeed in times to come we will have 20 more means but not the time to talk..! :)
    khoobsoorat..! :)
    i wanna eat biryani too..!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the line which said.. He has no stories to tell but only stories to sell...!! Nice one da.. I remember granny n ma telling stories..!! Miss 'em... Now a days the story to tell is a gossip about the neighbours... Nice one...!!

    P.S. : thanks for the dum biryani idea.. I ordered it from lip smacking andra place.. Man.. N with coke :D:p

    P.P.S : thank u for the thank you part..!! :D its ok.. N true guys.. She dint pay me a penny...!! Grrrr.... (Psst... Between you n me.. Atleast Cheque yaad se bhejwaa dena...!! :D )

    P.S. : to peevee : choru n payar (fried btw) is a sexy combination da.. With kaachiye mooru its absolute slurp !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Straight frm the heart.
    I loved the line ''Earlier they used to sing about themself now they sing abt the things they possess''
    True beauty this was.
    This is one f ur best posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely true. People would have invented the different modes of communication to increase the closeness, but we have become a lot more self-centered!!!
    I loveeeeeeeeee DUM BIRIYANI!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mY! Shreya! I guess we would bond fantastically when we meet! you too have a soft corner towards the vintage feel! :)
    yet another beautiful and thought provoking post! :)
    I am awating more such posts from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @PeeVee- I know I miss the old meeting up and talking too. But now everything's just gone down to Not knowing what to talk.. Oh and isn't it funny, my lunch was choru, moru and payar too :)

    @Suvaiba- Thank you! And go indulge :D

    @Prithvi- I have onl seen my moms' mom and she was quite a strict lady, but very sweet. Haven't heard stories from her, but wish I could.. And gossip is okay sometimes, but it complicates stuff!

    @Red- you made my day...thank you! *dances around* :D

    @The life-a-holic- Awww so go eat na babe! Modes of communication aint bad, but just sometimes the old touch of visiting has undergone a huge change.

    @Akila- Of course we would.. No doubts there.. And both of us are blah blah yab yab kinds ;) .. And thank you babe .. *hugs* :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you do when.....hold on. I loved that line the most. I love this poem, one of your best poems that i've read :)
    Fab.
    You get better each day.
    Dum Briyani? YUMMMM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sonshu- I love you girl.. Every time I read your comment, I feel so happy... And you're recent posts on fashion, get me high without having vodka :D .. heheh... Thanks love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life's getting busier with every passing second, yes indeed!
    Btw, seeing foodies all around me, I don't feel alone anymore!! :P

    Love, ~Moonlight~

    P.S: Hi-five for the sweet poem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Moonlight- yayiee hi-5 :D ..thanks for dropping by..now that rhymes :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Times chance. And yes, is this global and fast life, we are alone.
    Nobody has the time to tell a goodnight story :) And we long for them!

    A very true post. :) Nice read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great poem - and so true!

    - missshesaid.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Valli- awww...thank you :)

    @PhilO- I'd sound like a kid, but yes, I want to go back and relive the innocence, but I guess it's too late.. Thanks :)

    @Cortni- thanks love..and it's nice to see you blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete