When you're too scared to feel anymore, cut some onions.
When you cut your onions, don't try to control what comes over you, or out of you.
Feel your eyes well up, but don't let them cloud your vision.
Think about the trees being cut.
Think about the smoke.
Think about that time when you wanted to say so much but did not.
Think about the soundless screaming in your ears.
Think about the unfair choices they made you make.
Think about the tears in his eyes.
But don't stop.
Stand straight and continue what you started.
Be conscious of the knife moving.
Do it rhythmically.
Do it deliberately.
Let this be your release.
Let this be your penance.
Just don't cut your finger.
Feel the pins pricking your eyes.
Feel the liquid threatening to drip.
Feel your mind absorb the pain.
Feel the pain cleanse your mind.
And then continue.
When the onions are cut, wash your face with cold water.
Rinse your eyes and clear your nose.
Shed all your clothes and put them for wash.
Don't forget those jeans that have been hanging behind the door for three weeks.
Then step under the warm shower and tell yourself that it's over.
You converted the pain inside you into physical pain.
And then you got through it, bit by bit, onion by onion.
Say it out loud, three times, like Ma used to say.
It's over.
It's over.
It's over.

I smiled when i finished reading this and I hope you knw why !! :):) nicely written da.. Onion to vent some emotions... Nicely written :)
ReplyDelete:) LOL.
ReplyDeleteThis was cuteeee. :)
Actualy I hate onions, but it was cuteee :P
hehehe.
One: Are you o.k? Is this random or an outpouring?
ReplyDeleteTwo: It's so brilliant that you can take something as mundane as onion cutting and make it seem so profound:)
Three: Onions DON'T make me cry:\ I don't know why..
And here I cry and when someone asks me I blame it on the onions and thus yet again I successfully create a false image, one I have to carry all along....
ReplyDeleteBRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!
Pardon me for my crap
Hmm! I never thought of this, when in pain, why walk in rain when you can cut some onions and let the tears drain!!
ReplyDelete:P
Thanks a ton for the idea!!! Something I really really need badly!! Very innovative way of pouring out your emotions!!
ReplyDeleteDude...this is pure genious... :)
ReplyDeleteLoved it :)
Besides, you alright?
@Prithvi- We need to peel each layer right? Hmm I'm glad you could smile.. You're becoming my 1st commentor ha!! :D
ReplyDelete@Sonshu- Haha neither do I like onions.. But thanks :)
@PeeVee- One: I'm absolutely fine, just ranting. Inspiration Prithvi :) . Two: Thank you love! Three: How come? My eyes always burn and water :(
@Vijay- Aww that was definitely not crap.. It's okay to cry dude.. Sometimes it becomes necessary to shed that false image :/
@Chintan- wah wah poetic ha ;) .. heheh it's better than waiting for those showers right.. lol :P
@The life-a-holic- Aww don't get used to this..and please don't be upset babe! Talk it out, if need be..But my advice is just DON'T SULK :)
@Indu- Awww thank you thank you.. I'm great..don't worry :D
Next time I am sad, I am going to chop some Onions. WORD!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant you are my love!
@Red- Aww but while chopping those onions, don't accidentally cut your finger, okay? :O .. Hehe and thank you... you're such a sweetie.. thanks hun! :)
ReplyDeleteOff lately it seems hard to cry so I try to give physical pain at times...that day unknowingly cut my finger with a knife but hell not a drop fell...it pained yet a tear din come...but onions do that job so very well.. I've lost the count! But a very nice way of expressing emotions!
ReplyDeleteTake Care
whoooa! :) :) that was reallllyy good :) :)
ReplyDeleteEven though i felt a tinge of pain, i smiled at the end :) :)
;)
*<3*
very well written....:-)
ReplyDelete@Fatima- Why inflict pain on yourself dear...trust me not worth it... there's a lotta good in life, just be strong.. Please?!?
ReplyDelete@Viya- Aww thanks baba :D ♥
@Rahul- thank you :)
Hahaha SUICIDE? But you know what, I guess its natural cos we in this country place a lot of emphasis on academic intelligence. No degree, no life. :)
ReplyDeleteOtherwise, cut onions part cutee hehe :D
@Crystal- I know that happened there man... weird ppl I tell you :P...
ReplyDelete