October 29, 2011

The Wild CAT Experience



It's been a series of months that I've been hearing about CAT and the pressure and stress people go through. Well today was my testing day.. Woke up early morn and reached the center 1.5 hrs prior to the examination. Now I didn't have to be worried about my result, because I didn't study a thing! Honest. I still curse the day, I quit going for that coaching because of the evening time and the morons who taught there. I never did understand what they taught, but while solving the paper today, I realized it's all about the basics. The paper was quite okay. Quant has always been a weak point, so I left it at that. But, Verbal Ability and Logical reasoning was pretty good.

The exam hall saw people with mixed reactions. While others were busy shuffling through their notes, all I was doing, was observing them, sending text messages to my pals, making plans for tomorrow. Well, you get the idea, I wasn't the least bit worried. :P

Scene 1: A guy, maybe 24 or 25, sweat dripping down his forehead, squinting his eyes, trying to recollect formulae. The paper he held on to, was almost soaked in his sweat. When he caught me looking at him, I smiled, and he glared, probably thinking, "What a crazy chic! She isn't even studying, or OMG is she done with her portion?" Shuffles through many other notes. Aaah the studious-worried lot!

Scene 2: A girl having a telephonic conversation with her mother. She was a Bong babe, and my my what a babeeee :P (ahem I am STRAIGHT) .. Out of nowhere, she breaks into tears,"Maa I don't remember a thing. Dahi shakar bhi nahi liya. I'm not going to fair well. I wish you were here Maa. Will you be upset if I don't score much maa... I'll commit suicide" .. I mean suicide, seriously? Gosh people it's just another test... Ever since those words, I'd been super alert :/ ... 

Scene 3: Two girls probably back from the Art Of Living class, had their eyes shut, and were into Yoga or something. Take a deep breath in and out, in and out.. And the guys they were with, couldn't take their eyes off the girls' bosom.. Their eyes would roll in and out, in and out, with panting sounds.. :P

Scene 4: Couldn't make out much of what the Auntie next to me was murmuring, but yes, she was a South Indian and I think she was chanting some shloka.. The supervisor of the place, asked her to leave, because relatives weren't allowed, at which the auntie went hysteric. She started talking in decibels which defintely aren't suitable for the human ear.. "Tum kaaaun hai ye bolne ko mere se?? Mera beti ka pareeksha hai aaj, CAT exam hai.. Usko kuch chahiye rega tohhh?? Main idhar hi baithungi.. Motions to her hubby with Okhaaringe... And then kisses her daughter's forehead, grips the hand firmly saying "Kanna do your paper well.. Don't look here and there. If someone troubles you, then tell that Uncle standing there (pointing at a young guy, who was also taken by surprise)" and finally asks people to take care of her.. Auntie dear, firstly she won't need anything in there, we aren't shopping. Two, the poor supervisor was just doing his job. Three, God I'd be embarrassed if my Mom did that! :O .. Fourth, this is not a Kumbh Mela, where she'd get lost, she's grown up and can take care of herself. Phew!

Scene 5: IIT boy, hottie, may I say listening to music and chilled out. It was his third attempt and was giving this test only for his Mom. How sweet! :D *Maa da laadla sudhar gaya* .. Hahaa nice guy, really! Chatted with him till we had to get in.

And here I was, absolutely wasted.. Left my Admit Card in the car, then Mom had to bring it. My eyes glancing at every weird thing and person, playing with my bag, observing people and finally chatting up with the hottie.. Security procedures were tight. Finger prints, ID check, photo taken. Being frisked by the lady was a real terror. First she takes me into the room, feels me completely, smiles, does it again, her hands reaching every inch of my body.. Eeeyewww and then she says "Jaaoo, ab doosri ko dekhti hoon and winks" .. Ughh :O .. Anyways all in all it was a pretty tiring day and I'm just glad this thing's over.. Now the show begins... College Univ exams.. Aaah will this saga ever end?

18 comments:

  1. LOL that was the same case with me when I went for the IIT exams. probably the worst day of my life, 6 hrs of nonsense.

    The scene 2 seems to be a case of anticipatory bail and not a genuine suicide, really would someone say that before doing? I wonder..

    Scene 3 bad girls :P

    Ironically they call the tests at coll CATs (Continuous Assessment Tests ) :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-D Now this was a reeeeeeaaalllly goood read!!!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL :D...that sounds like some fun :D

    Beats me, how ppl could get so worked up abt a damn exam...i almost never gave them a damn...i dont even now :)

    btw, you didnt tell us how it went! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vijay- Ohh I like your version of CAT, so true! Bad girls, ahem ;) ;P .. I haven't seen such sincere guys in my life :D ..

    @Rahul- Hheheh thanks :)

    @Indu- Lol same here.. I felt stupid looking at them, coz I don't care. And I did mention, it was okay.. Not like I'm going to get into IIM or for that matter anywhere.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now now, this was a super fun read. I kinda have a feeling I know the South Indian auntie who was chanting a shloka :)

    How did they go btw?

    Cheers,
    Soumya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, you forgot the kind that are pretend to be chilled out and behave like they don't care but secretly are so jealous that if you get one mark more than them, they'll wish you were dead?:P
    Oh yes, there's that kind too, trust me:D

    And the Southie Hindi was bang on:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and this is my friend's take when she took the exam:D

    http://gayathrichandru.blogspot.com/2011/05/dont-ask-me-how-i-did-todays-e.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was having my own 'smiling and giggling' time with your post until the 'frisking part' !!! MAN! I better be frisked by a man and slap him than be molested by a woman and stand ther helplessly! :\ :\ :\
    Had i met you in the ejjam centre, i wud have sang songs with u and made u my model...u know wat i mean..*click click click* :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Soumya- Haha the test was OKAY...not too bad neither too great.. :P .. Ohh and I'm definitely not trying to offend anyone by the Auntie, being a Southie myself :P .. And thanks for liking it.. Your blog is AMAZING..Love the way you write :)

    @PeeVee- She said it just like that! Hahah :P .. And oh I failed to notice them, the hottie got all the brownie points, you see ;) ..

    @Akila- I swear, the lady freaked me out major...Ughh :/ .. But then I was glad it ended.. heheh.. Chal gaana gaayenge...*kachik kachak* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaaa....Great observations....:D
    enjoyed the read totally....:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. LOL. I cant stop smiling, laughing.
    You always amuse me. :) Love the way you write. ;P
    ahhahahahahahah.
    super cool post.

    Sonshu
    sonshus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heheheh I saw these kinds when i gave my entrance for Law Univs. CLAT they call it. Same kinds of funny characters :D
    Hhehehehe Kannaaa!!1 U made me laugh early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And the 13th place winning superhero says :

    hahahahaahhaha... Jus loved that southie aunt her that tell to uncle dialog :):)
    and the sentimental type I will die are there everywhere... Had those for the college sem exams too..!! I was frisked once when writin my exam.. Embarrassing situation it was.. Hmmm... Nice observations...I liked it...!!! :)


    P.S. : examinde result verate... Then I will say.. Last moment valdumeke padicho elangil kartaaveine orthond poganevite nee alkaare Noki time pass ale huh ??? :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! Great observations :)
    Was a funny read :) It's always fun to observe people and their antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. :D Haha! Reminds me of the day I wrote my Kerala Enginnering entrance exam. I entered the centre (it was a school), casually sauntered in was more like it, with one pen in one pocket, my admit card in the other. No books, no bag. And all around me, I see students fervently studying or praying. All heads went bent down over books. ANd guess whta seat I got?? Window seat! :D What more do I need! I got bored after half an hour- I was least interested in writing the entrance anyways,I wrote it only because my dad bought the form without asking me- so I stared outside the window, looked around, drew pretty patterns in the OMR sheet, and was the first to hand in the paper. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Irfanuddin- Thanks :)

    @Sonshu- And I've begun to fall in love with you.. heh in a nice way :P .. You always leave such sweet comments..Thanks :)

    @RED- I know! They seem to be spreading like an epidemic. LOl I'm glad I could make you laugh.

    @Prithvi- Hehe yeah they're quite a sight. And 13 is a bad number, no? :P .. Hahaha anyway onnum padichillayirunnu, so I'm pretty bad :D

    @PhilO- Thank you :)

    @Spiff- Window seats are such a distraction.. You always get intimidated by someone/something outside :D ... And don't worry, I'm always the first one to leave the exam hall every time.. :P .. But your experience was a fun read.. Drawing on your sheet, really? :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha..!! Lovely amusing post..!!!Loved the hottie part though :P

    ReplyDelete