September 17, 2011

Save A Girl Child Week and Yummy Chocolate Cake :D


Bonjour people… So finally the weekend is here.. Oh how I look forward to this 1-day break (alas! Saturday is not a holiday for me).. So last week was filled with a lot of activities... Okay so I’m a member of the NSS (National Service Scheme) unit of my college and we’d held “Save A Girl Child Week” .. It was a big hit, with a lot of events held for the girls of our college.. The main aim was empowerment of women and I saw that a lot of guys were not too happy about it :P … LOL… The week actually threw light on women’s problems, issues and on women harassment.. In this context, I don't want to sound like a feminist, but I really have to say please Save the girl child.. I mean every life on this Earth has the right to live and we as individuals do not have the right to take it from someone... I don't see what's the harm in being a girl.. I mean our Constitution says that women are equal, than why can't people accept it? Your mother is a woman too... Please grant them their position ... Well I think that's all I have to say..

P.S. I won second prize in an essay competition on Eve Teasing (though many people thought I deserved first prize) … Hmm partiality by the teacher on his student... :P .. But I’m still happy :).. A.M. told me I was the best and that was MORE than enough...  Also we had a workshop on Belly Dancing and gosh it was so much FUN .. I had the best time .. Though the body pain after was terrible, but it was worth it..

But now it’s back to the same old routine.. classes, tests, and Mom’s constant- “Are you going to pass.. Please study... GO STUDY” :P … Phew! :( ... Also my online registration for the CAT exam is done and trust me I’m giving this test without any prep.. Sucks big time.. :(

Well me and A.M. have planned to go watch CRAZY STUPID LOVE tomorrow.. I hope it’s good and I really hope I get to meet him tomorrow and that we reach on time for the movie.. You see he has punctuality issues :P .. And I HATE missing the beginning of a movie…

Oiii by the way, I made Chocolate cake in a microwave today… Came across a recipe online and I knew I had to make it.. I was hoping it would turn out well ans trust me, it tasted amazing :D ... So here I’m sharing the recipe with you..

Ingredients:
4 tbsp cake flour
4tbsp cocoa
4 tbsp sugar
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3tbsp oil
Vanilla extract

Method:
Mix the flour, cocoa and sugar well.
Add egg and mix well.
Add milk and oil and mix.
Put in a dash of the vanilla extract.
Put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes(1000 watt) ..

THAT’S IT and your chocolate cake is ready in 5 minutes… Now wasn’t that really simple.. :D .. Do try it and tell me how it turned out… Oh you can also add choco chips or maybe some walnuts for an extra flavor okay! …

So anyway what are your plans for the weekend? Hope you guys have a great time. 

:)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win, Madame:) Good going..
    Yes, very important message and until all men try and accept that, there won't any effect in the change in the status of women.
    Good luck for the CAT! :) Hope you clear it and clear it well too.

    And thanks for the recipe, I was actually looking for a simple cake and you've made my job easy. You have any pictures of your efforts?:) Do post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! For the prize and the bake, I mean, chocolate.
    Too bad that I don't have a microwave as of yet.

    Every life is important, including a female. And yes, everyone should be given their rightful place.

    All the best for CAT, and do study a little, don't stress yourself. Brain shrinks when stressed :P


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! Congradulations on winning the essay competition .. :D :D .. Post it upppp.. Would love to read it.. :D :D
    Aww.. Thats a great campaign! :D :D
    Ooooh Belly dancing?? naiicee.. :D ;)
    the cake sounds deeeliiiccciiouuss.. i'm soo hungry rite now!!
    annnd all the best for the CAT exam! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @peevee- thanks love..and people do tend to get harsh sometimes on women.. :/ ... hmm about CAT.. I have done zero studying so there's no question of clearing :P .. And your most welcome for the recipe..I didn't click pics *now I feel bad :(..)... But it tastes yummy...try try :D

    @ Blasphemous Aesthete- my brains too tiny, so you can imagine its condition :P .. and thanks for supporting my point :)

    @Viya- It's so good to see your comment after a long time... you make me super happy always :D ... thanks, I'll post it up sometime soon.. Belly Dancing was so amazing..gosh you'd have enjoyed it ;) ... eee the cake was pure bliss... just so yummy .. pls try :D ... CAT's a big screw up.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning the comp! (: and Oh-the Chocolate cake sounds heavenly,would surely be trying it soon ^_^

    Keep posting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats congrats congrats..! :) and yummy the choco cake is always a cherished dish..! i have made it umpteen types and every time it tastes different :) and yes every life is imp..!
    SAVE THE GIRL CHILD and SAVE HUMANITY ..! :)
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hearty Congrats for the prize, undoubtedly you deserved the first one, but as you put it, Your A.M is happy and that's enough. Cool :)
    And I am a sucker for cakes and brownies and everything that possess sweetness, okay, I have a sweet tooth, I tried hard not to write it, lol :D
    For CAT, good luck Girl :)
    Btw, My weekend was awesome!

    Love, Risha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Risha- I love spicy stuff more, but was in the mood for sweets... and hey why don't you try this...it takes like just 5 minutes man..okay maybe 10,,but that's not bad...I'm sure you'll love it, love :) ... Good to know you had a lovely weekend...Mine was such a bore :(

    ReplyDelete