June 4, 2011

An Act Of Kindness!

Woo-hoo I actually managed to stay away from the computer since morning and that makes me proud. :P My mom was completely in for a shock when she saw me studying the whole day. Yeah, you heard right! ME & STUDYING!! :O Didn't do it by will, HAD TO. 

Well I gave my first AIMCAT today which was a two hour 15 minutes difficult paper. Kept cracking my head over it with a rough sheet. I don't care about the marks-negative or positive! The reason I gave it was to know where I stand after 2 weeks of class. Umm I don't know, let's wait for the result! Anyway back to the real post. 

Alright so when I left class today, I saw the rains God were up to their usual trick. It was raining heavily with occasional thunder and lightning. Ugh I hated the fact that I'd forgotten my umbrella but hey I still had my wind-cheater. :D The rains were okay but what pissed me off completely was that there was no sight of a single rickshaw on the road. I was drenched in the rain, and the wind-cheater clearly did not help. I walked for a really long time and after having waited for about 45 minutes or so, a car(Zen) came to a halt before me.
A middle-aged lady got off from the car and offered to drop me home. I was reluctant because she was a complete stranger; and in a city like Mumbai, you can't really trust people. Or at least that's what I feel, after having read about incidents of rape, kidnapping etc. I refused to go with her but she told me it was safe. I don't know why I believed her, but I agreed to go with her and got into the car. On the back seat there were two cute little kids and that for some reason made me feel comfortable. Well she dropped me near my place and drove away. Maybe she was genuinely a nice lady who wanted to help a girl stranded in the rains.

Well all I know is that I was really grateful to her. 
In this busy world where people don't have the time or patience to help others, here was a lady, willing to help- some act of kindness! Well had it not been for her, I don't know when I'd reach home. 

I guess she was an angel. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment