June 7, 2011

Get It Right!

This is a post to all those who watch Glee, and also to those who don't. Well the series has come up with two completely original numbers- "Loser Like Me", which is a totally upbeat song and another called "Get It Right" which is a pop ballad. 


Listening to "Get It Right" makes me feel like it explains my life. The song makes you realize that when you accept that life isn't always fair, you can step it up and face it square in the face without falling down completely.




(Rachel Berry singing Get It Right)

The song goes like this:

What have I done? I wish I could run
Away from this ship goin' under
Just tryin' to help, hurt everyone else
Now I feel the weight of the world is
On my shoulders.

What can you do when your good isn't good enough?
When all that you touch tumbles down?
'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things
I just wanna fix it somehow.

But how many times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me?
To get it right
To get it right

Can I start again with my faith shaken?
'Cause I can't go back and undo this
I just have to stay and face my mistakes
But if I get stronger and wiser
I'll get through this

What can you do when your good isn't good enough?
When all that you touch tumbles down?
'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things
I just wanna fix it somehow
But how many times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me?
To get it right

So I throw up my fist
Throw a punch in the air
And accept the truth that sometimes life isn't fair
Yeah, I'll send down a wish
Yeah, I'll send up a prayer
And finally, someone will see
How much I care!
What can you do when your good isn't good enough?
When all that you touch tumbles down?
'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things
I just wanna fix it somehow
But how many it times will it take?
Oh, how many times will it take for me?
To get it right
To get it right

It is a lovely song guys! You HAVE TO listen to it! And tell me what you think, okay?


Oh and here are some quotes that I really like, which are uplifting as well: 

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover"-- MARK TWAIN

"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it as it is,is the only way of being happy."- JENNIE JEROME CHURCHILL

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst a spark that creates extraordinary results."-- UNKNOWN

''Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-- RALPH WALDO EMERSON 

:)

4 comments:

  1. I love the song. And so do I love Glee. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh we have some similar & good taste :D
    hi-5 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CLassyandFabulous- Another season finale's nearing :( .. But then GLEEEEEEEE :D

    ReplyDelete