The other day I was playing football with my brother in his complex. Right next to where we were playing was sitting a young boy who must have been as old as us. There he was staring at us and at our agile tackles. He was sitting there eying our every move as if he himself was involved in the game. As the rain lashed I saw him rise from his chair next to the coconut vendor. That is when it struck me. He was on crutches.
I have not been able to get that image out of my head since the past few days. I remembered passing through my friend's medical college looking at their state, writhing in pain on their bed-bug infested beds. That is exactly when it dawned upon me. I stood there thinking "I am really lucky to just be normally able". Here I am misusing electricity whereas people around the world have still not got enough resources to have one glowing bulb. I am grateful to whoever has made my life the way it is.
But I think few things are necessary in anybody's life.
The second would have to be LOVE. Love is a very powerful emotion. A mother only lives her life to see her child happy. Remember the movie "Blood Diamond". Solomon Vandy lives on in the hope of meeting his family someday. There are many stories in our history books about the love a wife has for her husband and the sacrifices she makes. I'm not saying any less about the men. They too are highly capable of feeling love and they show it just right. They may not show love the way women do, but it's because of them that our life gets better. Also humanly love keeps people going. A hug always makes a person feel better, no matter what his condition. It truly is a "jaadu ki jhappi".
So what I would like to say is, people, be careful what you wish for. If you have everything you ever wanted life would never be worth living. There would not be any pride in achievement. Always be careful what you ask for 'because if you get it all, it might not really make you happy.’ Learning things the hard way is the right way to learn them. So when you feel low, just look to your near and dear ones and how much you mean to them and how much they mean to you.
"There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, but if there were no tunnel, the light would be blinding."
:)




TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI once wanted a spicy life, now i want my stale boring life back!!
I loved the post and I love the philosophical optimistic you!
i agreee :))
ReplyDeletethis is such a though provoking post..!
and yes JAADU KI JHAPPI to dil le gayi..!:)
i thank GOD everyday but i think its too less... to just thanks and the one step more in thanking him is that we should help those who don't enjoy the same things as us ..!
<3
show them some love..!:)
and yeyieee.... ur awsome , u knw dat , dn't u?
I definitely second that thought. It is sad we do have to see people around who aren't as much lucky as we're. We might not be able to much about it- life can be a bit cruel to people. But then we can do one thing- maybe pray for them, let them never feel that pain
ReplyDeleteI liked the last line.. :) its a nice post.. hope and love..!! the necessary ingredients of happy life :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post.
ReplyDeleteEverything you said is so true :)
I loved the post.
ReplyDeleteReminds me That I am very lucky, which I too often forget.
Hope and love are indeed two things which are the most necessary for anyone.
Hope keeps us living. Love keeps us strong.
Beautiful post! :)
@Red- Aww thank you love! And yes, I kinda secretly wished life had a rewind button. Thanks :)
ReplyDelete@Suvaiba- And I love you, you know that, don't you? :D .. Hehe it's true.. Jaadu ki jhappi can do so many wonders! :) .. Love your thought!
@Vijay- yeah empathizing rather than sympathizing makes sense. And sometimes all we can do is pray, and hope that our prayers will be answered.
@Prithvi- I'm glad you like it. Thank you :)
@PurpleMist- Thanks a ton sweetie :)
@Anu- Aaah glad you like it .. thank you so much :D
Love the optimism that fills up this post. You have very Beautifully put it across that all we need is hope, hugs and love.
ReplyDeleteI would literally kill for a hug now, I have both the other ingredients in plenty for a perfect life.
Interesting blog you have here. Will be haunting you hereafter.
Cheers :)
:) jus beautiful.. :)
ReplyDeleteThe things we wish for.. the harsh reality.. those small li'l things in life..
:)
This one is deep. So deep. :) You know what, its the simple pleasures of life that give us the MOST happiness. And its always too late that we realize.
ReplyDeletePlus, jaadu ki jhappis are better than tons of lappies and blah (laptops) Okay i din't make much sense .. but anyway.. Its good to see such optimism in you anyway! Haven't seen much of it, really. Tc. Cheers to life!
Completely wholly agree with every word that you penned down! During the first two years of my college life, I wanted to be loaded with work so that I wouldn't have time to think of unwanted stuff!! But now, I want that life back where I could just stretch my legs and sit with a book in my hand, or with my fingers on the keyboard bringing out a post!!!
ReplyDeleteAH. How I agree with this. I'd read books and go, I wish my life was less boring and a lot like theirs. Drama and all. But I kinda cherish mine now. Because I realize its not easy that way.
ReplyDeleteSummarized beautifully. :) Loved it.
I totally agree with ur post title... really enjoyed reading ur post and I must say ur ryt sometimes its the little things in life that are more fun than all those unreachable and glittery stuff.
ReplyDeleteThose who have a house to live in, food on their tables 3times a day, clothes to wear, someone to love, someone to share with and someone to trust and have fun can never thank God enough for his gifts :)
@Atrocious Scribblings- Aww *hug* .. go give free hugs.. hehe.. and thank you for dropping by! :)
ReplyDelete@Viya- thank you love :)
@Crystal- jhaadu ki jhappis better than lappies. hhehe :P .. well there's no point being a pessimist right? Always cribbing, crying.. Optimism may not always give you what you want, but it's still a positive feeling.. Cheers :)
@Sonshu- Well honestly, even I've wished for the things you said.. A dramatic life, perfect things, mystery, love, but I see now.. They're all just temporary and wouldn't be anywhere close to the love and hope I experience now! Thanks :)
@The life-a-holic- Aww take out time for yourself na.. Give it a break.. go out, don't feel stressed! Do anything it takes to make you feel better :)
@Aliza- Thank you :)
I did it!!! I made my blog look a lot more pretty:):) :) :)
ReplyDelete