One day a son asks his father:
"Daddy, will you run the marathon with me?"
The father answers yes and both run
their first marathon together.
One day, the son asks his father if he
wants to run the marathon with him again and the father answers yes. They both
run the marathon together again.
Then one day the son asks his father:
"Daddy, will you run the Ironman with me?" (The Ironman
is the toughest...it requires a 4km swim, 180km biking and 42km running). The
father says yes again. This all sounds easy...But check this video.
It is a story of the power of dream and the
power of working together. This video made me cry. It's taught me the real meaning of love, courage, strength and endurance. The 66 year old father who would do anything for his son, just to see him happy. How many of us would do that for our loved ones? I couldn't stop myself from sharing this video with all you guys. This is the story of Rick and his father Dick Hoyt.
When I am running, my disability seems to disappear. It is the only place where truly I feel as an equal. Due to all the positive feedback, I do not feel handicapped at all. Rather, I feel that I am the intelligent person that I am with no limits. I have a message for the world which is this: To take time to get to know people with disabilities for the individuals they are.
- Rick Hoyt -
What I’m doing is loaning Rick my arms and legs so he can be out there competing like everybody else. There is nothing in the world that the both of us can’t conquer together.
- Dick Hoyt
I'm in every sense of the word INSPIRED. I know I can't take anything or anyone for granted now! In case of even the smallest illness, I used to crib and complain and on seeing Rick, I feel so stupid and selfish. I feel blessed and thank God for giving me such lovely parents. These two lovely souls will be a part of my prayers now. God bless them. May we get to see LOVE like this, more often!
oh wait wait.. i'll come back and check the link..have to runnnn to college :P.. i just couldn't stop myself from checking your new post :)..
ReplyDeleteThat was some learning. Beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteEven If a person is there beside you 24*7*365, don't ever take him/her for granted, instead, consider yourself lucky enough to be blessed by one. Thanking God is the least that we can do :)
Love, ~Moonlight~ :)
WOW. I was truly inspired :)
ReplyDeleteThat was brilliant and omg I think I am definitely going to watch the video over and again.
:)
Thanks for such inspiring posts lately.
Just.Beautiful!!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt was realllly heart touching..
So much love.. such a positive way to look at life.. the spirit of 'I.Can.Do!' :)
Thank god for small mercies :) :)
I'm sooooo glad you shared it shrey! :D
*Awed* *Inspired* :)
ReplyDelete@Viya- aww you're so cute :D .. hehhe.. I'm glad I could share it babe.. and gosh I feel like a sensitive chic now.. aaah :/
ReplyDelete@Risha- Exactly the way I see it :)
@Anu- :D
@Sonshu- I know the video was touching, and the background score was so apt man.. Please avoid the thanks love.. :)
a true story of genuine and unconditional love.... they are a true inspiration to people and may they be a blessing to every one... thank you for sharing this video, it has a very positive effect on me now... kissess!!!!
ReplyDeletei am SPEECHLESS and INSPIRED and in awe of the fantastic video and that superb story and your awesome post
ReplyDeleteand i cried too..!
<#
tc
Amazing post! What a bond, I must say :)
ReplyDeleteCheck out my blog :) Got something for you :)
@Dina- I'm glad you liked it.. :)
ReplyDelete@Suvaiba- Awww *hugs* .. :)
@PhilO- I'm happy you like it.. and award...?? ME?? *sniff* thank you so so much :D ♥ .. you juts made my day love.. :)
That made me teary-eyed, and couldn't believe it that the father is 66 years old!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless them.
Nice blog sweets.
Following You :D
Aww thank you Karishma.. That was really sweet of you.. :)
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!! I cudnt hold back my tears! Parents can go to any extent for their child but this man is worth being called a REAL GOD!
ReplyDelete@Red- Exactly, I didn't wanna cry, but I ended up watching the video over and over again.. :/
ReplyDeleteThe change of name is rather good. More subtle and good in a way..
ReplyDeleteAnyway, sorry for missing your older posts, I haven't been around due to my ridiculous net connection!
anyway, coming to the post. I guess we learn to move on in life! The video was just TOO good. Left me speechless!
Beautiful! U brought me to tears. Isn't Love so much beyond all things material?
ReplyDeleteOk.. I just read the link too.. Truly inspiring.. It's funny how the medical world sometimes fails to recognize the wonders oF the mind!
ReplyDelete@Swati- We've always known that Love has no barriers right. It is not selfish or boastful. Well here is true love. Only if people would realise the magic of love. Sometimes more than medical care, if people could just give some love, half the troubles would be sorted. Thank you for leaving such kind words!
ReplyDeleteP.S. you've got 2 lovely kids..and the mother is very pretty too :)