November 22, 2011

Guest Post: CHILDHOOD MEMORIES



This post has been written by 
PurpleMist from Insomnia Strikes ... I'm really sorry love, for not having mentioned your name here.. But I'm so glad you actually wrote this post... Thank you dear :)

************


Our childhood memories are so precious. 

When I try to think back to the events of my childhood, I don't remember much, just little snippets of my life pass through my head like a fast-forwarded video. Sometimes those little snippets don't make sense because I only remember parts of what was happening.

I wish I could go back and watch myself when I was younger, not on a camera footage, but go inside the mind of the younger me and find out what thoughts I used to have as a toddler, or as a five-year-old. What fascinated me then? 

Some people remember their childhood clearly; they remember exactly how they felt when something happened years ago. I'm not one of those people. But I do remember a lot of little things which happened, some make me smile, others make me laugh and then there's those memories which just confuse me. 

Sometimes I think about how much easier life was when I was a kid. No drama, no complicated homework, just a simple life when I loved everyone/everything and I didn't see how screwed up the world really is. But then again, I think it's better not to be naive in life which is exactly what we are when we're kids. 

I often look through my childhood photos, with my family and cousins, which really make me smile. Like, I found this one photo in which I was standing in front my birthday cake, crying my eyes out. I was crying because my mom was cutting the cake in triangles instead of squares. Yes, I was a weird child :P

Do you have any weird childhood memories? :)

7 comments:

  1. yes indeed you are very true .....a nice read..nyways your layout is amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAW ! Purpley. Ain't you cute?
    I shall come up with quirky memories of mine. There are too many.

    Love you both, CS and PM :D Tc.Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. purple this is soooooooo like angelic :)
    ahhhh why da heck did i grow up to be 5'6 wasn't i better looking when i was 3 and a half kgs and some inches :P
    and this is mashaallah..! :) i was a weird child too..!
    *blowing kisses to you* :)
    :)
    and shreya :) hows the exam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. many many.... cnt even count.... i miss my school days.... great post... made me nostalgic and memories arose from the derbis of my brain...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming back to this awesome post.
    Aw, same pinch, I don't remember much of my childhood too. Except stupid memories like how I hated this girl who was my neighbour back in Bombay and I went around breaking her toys and hiding them in nasty places cos I hated her happy. (Yes, quite a meanie. I know)
    And life was easier as a kid. life as a teenager shall appear better too once we enter adulthood. No cares, no worries, no drama .. uf!Lets get back. :)
    And CS, I finally finally sent my post. Its dark, but well. :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the responses and thanks for posting this up!

    And crystal, your comment made me laugh! That is quite mean :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. @A guilty conscience- Hey there.. Thank you so much !:)

    @Crystal- Aah my my...what a naughty little kid..there was this girl who'd come home and pluck all my roses and Mom would get super furious.. Heheh.. Anyway love you babe :)

    @Suvaiba- you're 5'6?? I'm just 5'3 or 4 or something..so upsetting man! :( hmm can't wait to know about the bacha that you were :D

    @PurpleMist- THANK YOU so much for sending this...I loved it babe.. this was awesome :D

    ReplyDelete